Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Old Dec 10, 20, 8:40 am
  #1111  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,876
I posted about this in the other thread - IAH service begins April 12th with flights between DAL, MSY, ATL, BNA, MDW, and DEN.
m907 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 20, 11:12 am
  #1112  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Posts: 37,217
Official release from Southwest:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301190605.html

We are currently accepting air reservations through August 16, 2021. At this time, we do not have a date for our next schedule extension therefore please check back frequently.

Right now, they do not have a date for next schedule extension.
N830MH is offline  
Old Dec 10, 20, 11:47 am
  #1113  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GFY
Programs: GFY
Posts: 6,054
Prices started out very high, hopefully they drop. We booked TPA/MSP in April and MSP/LAS R/T in June

The MSP/LAS daily nonstop appears to be a short lived venture as it is scheduled to start in 2021 and ends in early April.

This NS route was added after the last schedule was released so maybe they do the same again.

Last edited by flyer4512; Dec 10, 20 at 11:53 am
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 21, 12:03 pm
  #1114  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,354
Didn't see this posted (my apologies if I missed it), but the schedule is now open through November 5, 2021.
zachary is offline  
Old Apr 1, 21, 1:50 pm
  #1115  
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Programs: DL PM/MM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Posts: 16,103
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
Didn't see this posted (my apologies if I missed it), but the schedule is now open through November 5, 2021.
Thanks, I thought they had said previously it would be later in April when the opened it. Went ahead and grabbed tickets for Labor Day fulling expecting many schedule changes between now and then.
Beckles is offline  
Old Apr 2, 21, 8:15 am
  #1116  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: OSH
Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Posts: 445
I think that any schedule changes is going to be adding flights, not taking them away between now and labor day. It seems to me that prices opened up very high, high enough that I booked on DL for my October trip to MCO.
EAJuggalo is offline  
Old Apr 2, 21, 3:38 pm
  #1117  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 617
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Prices started out very high, hopefully they drop. We booked TPA/MSP in April and MSP/LAS R/T in June

The MSP/LAS daily nonstop appears to be a short lived venture as it is scheduled to start in 2021 and ends in early April.

This NS route was added after the last schedule was released so maybe they do the same again.
I miss 2020 pricing, a rt flight cmh to mco in September 2020 $178, same dates in 2021 $318. In all honesty this was expected with pent up demand, stimulus money and the need to recoup the massive losses over the past 13 months.
Beachchaser is offline  
Old Apr 3, 21, 4:42 am
  #1118  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,876
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo View Post
I think that any schedule changes is going to be adding flights, not taking them away between now and labor day. It seems to me that prices opened up very high, high enough that I booked on DL for my October trip to MCO.
Aren't Southwest prices always unreasonably high 3+ months out? I don't even look until 1-2 months before.
joshua362 and dmbolp like this.
m907 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 21, 7:55 am
  #1119  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GFY
Programs: GFY
Posts: 6,054
Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
I miss 2020 pricing, a rt flight cmh to mco in September 2020 $178, same dates in 2021 $318. In all honesty this was expected with pent up demand, stimulus money and the need to recoup the massive losses over the past 13 months.
I have never booked flights for less. Thanks to the changes being offered we flew MSP/RSW ( Sat/Sat) in mid March 2021 non stop both ways for 5020 total ( 2510 O/W) points R/T.............times 2 using CP.

TPA/MSP Sunday in April for under 3k............LAS/MSP Sunday in June for about the same points.
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 4, 21, 7:09 am
  #1120  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: OSH
Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Posts: 445
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
Aren't Southwest prices always unreasonably high 3+ months out? I don't even look until 1-2 months before.
It really seems to be route dependent. If they get the expected purchases than the prices never go down. If demand is lagging they can and do lower prices. When I'm flying into MCO, I don't expect to see prices go down for the prime time flights, especially since I'm flying for work. I booked the same weekend same days last year and paid $97 MDW-MCO, it was $375 this year. As in IC, how much my flight costs makes a difference in how much profit I clear on the weekend.
EAJuggalo is offline  
Old Apr 4, 21, 5:31 pm
  #1121  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: WN
Posts: 84
any guess when nov will open up? guessing 4-6 weeks

its astonishing how much prices have soared in last month
jerryfreak is offline  
Old Apr 5, 21, 9:24 am
  #1122  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,937
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
any guess when nov will open up? guessing 4-6 weeks

its astonishing how much prices have soared in last month
It's been released near the end of May the last couple years. 7 weeks seems more likely.
xliioper is online now  
Old Apr 5, 21, 11:10 pm
  #1123  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,876
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo View Post
It really seems to be route dependent. If they get the expected purchases than the prices never go down. If demand is lagging they can and do lower prices. When I'm flying into MCO, I don't expect to see prices go down for the prime time flights, especially since I'm flying for work. I booked the same weekend same days last year and paid $97 MDW-MCO, it was $375 this year. As in IC, how much my flight costs makes a difference in how much profit I clear on the weekend.
For high demand routes and dates, yes; but I almost always see the low fare calendar displaying one fare for the entire month. Once it's 2 months out prices start to drop.
m907 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 21, 11:24 am
  #1124  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Posts: 37,217
The next schedule extension is on June 10, 2021 for sale through January 5, 2022.

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 5, 2021. On June 10, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2022. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
N830MH is offline  
Old Jun 7, 21, 9:56 am
  #1125  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Programs: UA 2MM
Posts: 1,554
Southwest extends schedule through end of year (Christmas and Thanksgiving) on Thursday. Any predictions?

I am guessing fares are going to initially be sky high and they will maximize flying during that time, most likely their largest schedule ever in number of flights in one day.

If fares are sky high now, I am going back and forth on buying Thanksgiving and Christmas tickets now or waiting to see if they drop, which will be a big gamble either way.
N104UA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread