Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Old May 28, 2020, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
Surprised to see LGB to AUS! Nice.

All of the DEN/STL/BNA/ATL stuff makes sense.

I was shocked to see BNA - SNA non stop beginning in November.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by 737MAX8
Surprised to see LGB to AUS! Nice.

All of the DEN/STL/BNA/ATL stuff makes sense.
Yes, they have 3 daily nonstop flights from LGB-PHX and once daily LGB-AUS.

PHX-MEM once daily nonstop flight, too.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:19 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Not seeing Saturday direct flights between BWI and LIR even though the press release says they resume on Nov. 9. Does Southwest usually take some time to put the seasonal flights up?
Old May 28, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
How often has this been the statement on the next schedule extension?

https://www.swabiz.com/html/travel-t...t=SWABIZ_TOOLS
I have never seen that message before.
Old May 28, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by carlitos
Wowsers, Hawaii to the mainland on January 3 opened without any king of "Want to get away" fares. Full Y (if we can call it that) or you don't fly ... guess they learned from last year, but this being an a typical year, we will have to wait and see.

On the other hand, just booked flights to South Florida from the Mid West for Thanksgiving week and they were surprisingly cheap compared to last year.
Same here

Originally Posted by ursine1
Originally Posted by FindAWay
How often has this been the statement on the next schedule extension?

https://www.swabiz.com/html/travel-t...t=SWABIZ_TOOLS
I think this is reasonable, I would much prefer them to post it 3-4 weeks prior instead of changing it multiple times like they have had to on the past year because of COVID and MAX. The longer they wait to post it the better it is for us as I rarely have firm travel plans more than 3 months out
Old May 28, 2020, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Wowsers, Hawaii to the mainland on January 3 opened without any king of "Want to get away" fares. Full Y (if we can call it that) or you don't fly ... guess they learned from last year, but this being an a typical year, we will have to wait and see.

On the other hand, just booked flights to South Florida from the Mid West for Thanksgiving week and they were surprisingly cheap compared to last year.
iirc south florida was one of the harder hit areas by covid plus I'm sure a large number of regular cruisers are going to be slow to come back.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
I was perplexed as I woke up early and didnt have my coffee before I took the time to read that so I chalked it up to fatigue
Old May 28, 2020, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ymx
Not seeing Saturday direct flights between BWI and LIR even though the press release says they resume on Nov. 9. Does Southwest usually take some time to put the seasonal flights up?
in my experience the seasonal flights should be loaded at release time
Old May 28, 2020, 8:40 pm

Fll international routes

Due to covid 19 there is no daily nonstop fll to cun until mid December, fll to mbj until mid December, no fll to nassaua nonstop through 1/4, no fll to Belize, no fll to punta cana through 1/4. As a result this is causing some of these fll connections to route through bwi and its driving up the cost substantially.
Old May 29, 2020, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
iirc south florida was one of the harder hit areas by covid plus I'm sure a large number of regular cruisers are going to be slow to come back.
Yes, they did. They cut the flights. They cannot handle it anymore. The route is no longer serves FLL-LAS/RDU. JetBlue has done very well. It will take time to come back.

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Due to covid 19 there is no daily nonstop fll to cun until mid December, fll to mbj until mid December, no fll to nassaua nonstop through 1/4, no fll to Belize, no fll to punta cana through 1/4. As a result this is causing some of these fll connections to route through bwi and its driving up the cost substantially.
Wow! It'll be very disappointed. Longer you wait. They will be back. They couldn't have enough profitable. Due to low demands.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:44 am

From what I could tell they are going conservative and perhaps can add as demand increases. Also looks like theyre using the same schedule daily now. International adds appear to be conservative as well. Not a good extension for FLL to say the least. The following dont return as of now: BZE, BDL, MKE, PHL, ISP, PLS, GCM, NAS, HAV, PUJ, SJO, RDU, and all formally weekend only destinations. LAS is not in this update but usually stops in the winter.

with frontier out of FLL for now there is Currently no service this holiday season on FLL-ISP. Let that sink in for a minute.
Old May 29, 2020, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jco613
with frontier out of FLL for now there is Currently no service this holiday season on FLL-ISP. Let that sink in for a minute.
Right! They pulling out of FLL completely. They tried and it did not work well. Due to low demand.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by jco613
From what I could tell they are going conservative and perhaps can add as demand increases. Also looks like theyre using the same schedule daily now. International adds appear to be conservative as well. Not a good extension for FLL to say the least. The following dont return as of now: BZE, BDL, MKE, PHL, ISP, PLS, GCM, NAS, HAV, PUJ, SJO, RDU, and all formally weekend only destinations. LAS is not in this update but usually stops in the winter.

Thankfully they brought back plenty of PBI-ISP service. For once times and schedules are good between PBI and ISP. Plenty of nonstop flights.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ave1024
Thankfully they brought back plenty of PBI-ISP service. For once times and schedules are good between PBI and ISP. Plenty of nonstop flights.
Yes, they did. F9 announced it already. But Frontier is no longer FLL-ISP. They tried and it did not work.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
I'm looking to book a trip to CUN for Spring Break March 2021. Obviously waiting on the schedule to open up. Any buzz about them potentially cutting down flights to this location? There is typically at least one direct flight from STL to CUN each day (both ways) and I'm hoping that continues!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.