Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Now, nsx, REALLY prove yourself....

When is the NEXT schedule release?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:32 pm

Do you have any guidance for when WN has extended its schedule over the December holidays in the past?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:39 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Extensions covering Christmas have occurred on 7/24/03, 7/29/04, and 8/18/05. This is covered in the FAQ, by the way...
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum
By reading the FAQ about schedule extensions. The schedule should be extended today (bookings thru September) around 10am Central Time.

What is WN waiting for? is 10:12am Central already.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: WN CP
Good catch, aviationkiwi. I am waiting to book Labor Day travel...
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:28 am

It will be interesting to see how good the availability of capacity controlled award seats is on popular routes/times where WN initially only makes high fare buckets available.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:12 am

Might as well not wait for the schedule to open if it is discount Labor Day travel you are seeking. The internet fares will not be available from Friday through Monday of that weekend, unless of course you are going to El Paso, Omaha, Tulsa, or some other top-10 tourist spot served by WN.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:25 am

Programs: WN CP
Yeah, yeah. We get it that you don't like WN anymore. You needn't crap in every thread.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Still waiting for the schedule to open up. Will it be then next Thursday?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Yeah, yeah. We get it that you don't like WN anymore. You needn't crap in every thread.
First, I'll post what I like, when I like. I just don't drink the WN Kool-aid and don't have a WN tatoo on my forearm.

Oversight on my part. I just viewed your profile and see that you too are in Phoenix as am I. Sugar-coat things as you like, but I suspect that few WN markets have seen such a huge increase in WN fares as has Phoenix. As you likely know, Phx/Oak was $59 on internet special for several years 'til 4/25/05. That fare is now $119 on internet special (is that the $1-2 increase Mr Kelley alluded to in comments to the press???). And you, one who is seeking Labor Day fares, certainly knows that WN will offer no low fares over Labor Day out of Phx. Did not happen last year either. Look around. The legacies are beating WN in many Phoenix markets. That was unheard of pre-4/25/05.

And forget the service edge. Baggage handling both inbound and outbound from Phoenix is dreadful. The Las/Phx flight time is shorter than is the wait for luggage at Terminal 4.

Last edited by uwfballfan; Mar 24, 2006 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:32 pm

I have noticed that it's been a while since WN has added frequency to the PHX market (though they have added new cities). It appears much of the east-west flow is now routed through LAS. PHX - once primarily a WN hub city seems to be transforming gradually away from that - at least %-wise of pax flown. The other major carrier has not added much lift to the PHX market - it has been focusing and deploying aircraft to transcon markets.

This city sees tremendous population growth. I suspect there is less lift per person (LPP) than 10 years ago while air travel has soared - making it more difficult to get great fares to some markets than it was before.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Welcome Zona, Not sure about LPP, but that airport seems very busy to me. I just don't like Sky Harbour too much as the terminals are so spread out. And the walk from one WN concourse to the other seems like a long way.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:19 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
I wonder if America West's PHX hub has anything to do with it? But they've been there a long time, so wouldn't be a new pressure on WN.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:31 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
Still waiting for the schedule to open up. Will it be then next Thursday?
That's my guess: 10 AM Central March 30. In previous years the March extension came earlier than other extensions, and we are already at least a week overdue by that measure. The March extension takes travel just past Labor Day.

BTW, I will soon be deleting all off-topic posts from this thread, past and future, in the interest of keeping this thread as useful as possible.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:36 am
fun

Is 10:00 a.m. pretty "safe" as to the time of day for Southwest schedule extensions? I've seen another discussion board (Disney-related) where posters said they check at 4:30 a.m. I don't really want to be checking 6 times a day if it's pretty well established that there's a typical time for etensions to be released....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.