Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New math on cheapest parking at OAK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:01 pm
cxn

Originally Posted by Hayden
During certain busy times, they can fill up (or so I've heard). According to one of their cashiers I spoke with, if you make a reservation on their web site and the outdoor parking is full, they'll park your car indoors. The "reservation" doesn't seem take any information that would let them identify you as the party having a reservation, so I'd probably print out the notice and bring it with.
This is correct. For busy times like Holidays it is wise to 'make a reservation'.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Used Expresso last week and as expected everything went like clockwork. Note that the $5.95 AAA coupon rate cannot be combined with the $5 off "how was your experience" coupon but can't complain at this rate. Also pleased to see that free coffee was upgraded to Peete's - that saved an additional $3 on my way home

Coincidentally just received FastTrack coupon in the blue envelope for $4.95 per day however I find the $2 per use garbage "service fee" to be offensive, and not willing to gamble on service.

I have never been asked for a "reservation" even at the busiest times, i.e. Thanksgiving Thursday, etc. - when the lot is full they have been known to "valet" outside by blocking other spaces and then reparking those cars when space opens.

Last edited by Boraxo; Apr 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm Reason: fix
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:30 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Rack rate at Expresso is now $9.95, but you can get $3 off with this coupon:

http://www.expressoparking.com/coupo...off_coupon.php

No AAA card is needed, and this beats the 15% AAA discount.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club
Expresso is indeed the cheapest of the OAK parking options (particularly with coupon) and usually smooth and hassle-free. Recently, however, bus waits at both ends have seemed to be growing.

An alternative, closer to the airport property, is Park n' Fly. While savvy FTers balk at the ordinary $13.50 daily rate (see prior posts), a $7.00 per day coupon is quite nice for the closest off-airport option.

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPO...arknflyoak.htm
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the risk of being busted for cross-posting, I note the new math is $4.95 per day for outdoor parking at Expresso through March 31, 2011, thanks to this coupon:

We have not noticed any deterioration in service - the shuttles always seem to be pulling up when you arrive.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:15 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Perhaps this is a response to the OAK airport's offer of 3 days free for midweek travelers to southern California. That offer is at flyoakland.com
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:05 pm

One time I forgot to print the coupon before returning to pick up my car. When I went to the window to pay, I told them I forgot it. They told me that if I used my card at the exit, I would receive the lowest rate (4.95 with coupon) despite the fact that I didn't have one.
I did just that, and got the cheapest rate!
So moral: no coupon necessary if you pay at exit.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just noticed another Expresso offer: 1 free day after you "check-in" on Yelp or Facebook. Didn't see any fine print.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Current coupons (thru May 31) are $3 per day discount or 15% off and a free car wash with valet. Our car is pretty dirty so Mrs. B is going to opt for the latter this weekend And of course she's going to appreciate not having to hike in from the outdoor lot
Old May 19, 2011, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quikpark deal: 3 days for $12.95. Hurry, deal expires in 2 hours.

Parking coupon good through November 2011.

http://www.gotdailydeals.com/eb
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Any new deals for OAK parking?

I need to park for 12 days and was hoping if anyone knows about any deals for Oakland, ca airport parking?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New Expresso Parking coupon for $5.95/day outdoors, valid through August 31:

Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New Groupon offer (deal ends Aug 1) - 3 days parking @ Expresso for $14.95. We splurged and bought valet for $22. Stackable up to 3 per visit. Beware the short expiration dates.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:06 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Boraxo
New Groupon offer (deal ends Aug 1) - 3 days parking @ Expresso for $14.95. We splurged and bought valet for $22. Stackable up to 3 per visit. Beware the short expiration dates.
Groupon takes a 50% cut, leaving Expresso a mere $2.50 per day. I'd rather use the $5.95 coupon, all of which goes to Expresso. They provide good service and I don't mind paying the extra $1 per day. Also this way I am not limited to multiples of 3 days.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nsx
Groupon takes a 50% cut, leaving Expresso a mere $2.50 per day. I'd rather use the $5.95 coupon, all of which goes to Expresso. They provide good service and I don't mind paying the extra $1 per day. Also this way I am not limited to multiples of 3 days.
To each his own. The coupons expire soon, and don't save as much on the valet parking. And Expresso just tweeted this message:

Special thanks to everyone who took advantage of our Yelp Deal and/or Groupon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.