Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meaning of "RR" on the boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 7:55 am
CLG
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Meaning of "RR" on the boarding pass

Guys, I have a silly little question. I noticed that starting on my flights two weeks ago, a "RR" appears in the window/box normally blank on the right side of the boarding passes I have printed out using OLCI. However, it did not print out on my financee's boarding pass, which I printed at the same time. Any thoughs on what that means?

-CLG
Old Jul 25, 2005, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
a wild, out of left field guess....

A Rapid Reward?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
a wild, out of left field guess....

A Rapid Reward?
Ding ding ding... we have a winner!
Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by CLG
... However, it did not print out on my financee's boarding pass, which I printed at the same time. Any thoughs on what that means?

-CLG
It means that your fiancee hasn't been signed up for RR......why, oh why???????
(btw you'll find your RR number in the box above the "R")
Old Jul 27, 2005, 6:31 am
CLG
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by RiceTravel
It means that your fiancee hasn't been signed up for RR......why, oh why???????
(btw you'll find your RR number in the box above the "R")
To reply to the posts above this one -- no, it was not a rapid reward ticket. Both were purchased at SW.com (advance purchase category).

To reply to this one -- Not true. She is indeed a Rapid Rewards member, and her number was on the PNR and reservation.

Like I said, the only difference between the two of us on the trip was the "RR" on the boarding passes. Next guesses?...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 6:38 am

I've always assumed it was just to indicate the rapid rewards number. I haven't seen it on a ticket without the RR number, though. funky!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by CLG
]Not true. She is indeed a Rapid Rewards member, and her number was on the PNR and reservation.

Like I said, the only difference between the two of us on the trip was the "RR" on the boarding passes. Next guesses?...
Glad to hear that your fiancee is indeed RR. Guess I should have realized that anyone who is reading here wouldn't make that silly error - my apologies.

Hmmmmm - did your BP (which did have the "RR") also have your RR number in the box above the "RR"? Did your fiancee's have her number? In my limited experience with Southwest, our BPs (booked through DING) have all had the RR number in the small box to the right, immediately below the "SOUTHWEST AIRLINES", and the letters "RR" in the somewhat larger box just beneath the RR number. So I don't have any other ideas - maybe our experience will help solve your mystery.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:06 am
CLG
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RiceTravel
Glad to hear that your fiancee is indeed RR. Guess I should have realized that anyone who is reading here wouldn't make that silly error - my apologies.

Hmmmmm - did your BP (which did have the "RR") also have your RR number in the box above the "RR"? Did your fiancee's have her number? In my limited experience with Southwest, our BPs (booked through DING) have all had the RR number in the small box to the right, immediately below the "SOUTHWEST AIRLINES", and the letters "RR" in the somewhat larger box just beneath the RR number. So I don't have any other ideas - maybe our experience will help solve your mystery.
Haha yeah I am an airline mileage junkie, so I of course pass that on to anyone close to me. She now has elite status on AA after never having a frequent flier number before .

Both of our tickets had our rapid rewards number in the correct box (the one you described). That's why I was so confused - everything about our trip was exactly the same, except that recently I had bought 4 or 5 tickets on them for travel in the next month. Oh well!!

-CLG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.