Spectacular Decline in ATA Indy Sched.

Old Jan 27, 05, 4:05 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Spectacular Decline in ATA Indy Sched.

ATA will drastically reduce its flight offerings from Indianapolis on April 10th. With the exception of Hawaii and military flights, it will only serve four locations (Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando and Fort Meyers) from Indianapolis.

It seems that ATA will be more of a puppet to WN than ever before, since almost all of its operations will be out of Chicago. I sure wish ATA would increase its red-eye flights from the west coast to Midway and that these flights would be code-share flights with Southwest. It makes so much sense for it to do so. Does it do any good to suggest this to Southwest?

I also wish we could use Southwest award tickets on ATA. Maybe soon?, as it appears that ATA is trying to once again become primarily a vacation and military charter operation.
Old Jan 27, 05, 6:52 pm

Programs: United 1K
Makes business sense to me.
Old Jan 27, 05, 7:49 pm

As just about the only person on these boards who calls IND "home base", I give this a resounding thumbs down.

I'm sure it was the wise move to make from the financial standpoint, but it's basically impossible to fly anywhere now except via MDW.

Now, given that I am from the south side of Chicago and I very frequently fly the "quick hop" to MDW, I guess this is good in the sense that I get 50 daily flights to choose from! But as far as flying anywhere else, ATA was just about the only airline that offered a reasonable slate of direct flights from IND.

Crap.
Old Jan 27, 05, 8:59 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Well, there's always the growing IND NorthWorst hub. Go difficult, go Northworst... should be the pre-flight music.
Old Jan 28, 05, 7:35 pm

I'd rather walk.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: