Extend Rapid Reward Award

Old Feb 10, 2005, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by LAHIKER
.......did not know about this coupon exchange in this forum. thanks for mentioning it, something to aspire to.
Keep aspiring. At the rate you're going, you won't be able to post in Coupon Connection until August 2007 (your 100th post), which is well past your April 17, 2005 RR award expiration date.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:54 am

Reactivating electronic award

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
This question is answered in the SW Rapid Rewards FAQ.

Q: If I am unable to use my Award within 12 months, is it possible to extend the expiration date?
A: Yes, an Award may be extended for a $50 fee. You can simply mail the expired Award and a check or money order for the appropriate amount to:

Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
P.O. Box 972739
Dallas, TX 75397-2739

It will take up to 30 days from the date we receive your request for Rapid Rewards Customer Service to process the new Award, which will be valid for 12 months from the date of reissue and will be deposited in your account with the new expiration date. All paper Award Tickets will be reissued as Ticketless Awards. Please note that extension requests will only be accepted from the Member who originally qualified for the Award. Extension requests from anyone other than the Member who originally qualified for the Award will be denied.
Since all of the awards are Electronic now, rather than the old paper certificate, what exactly is meant by "mail the expired Award"? Do they want the letter that came in the mail with my drink coupons? What if I didn't keep this--can I just write them and give them the Award Number?

Last edited by Strephon; Jun 1, 2005 at 10:56 am Reason: use of inaccurate terms
Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex MR, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, WN and Hertz
I am sure this is something that can be done over the phone. There is no reason to that it should take 30 days and not be instated immediately. That is just plain stupid. WN would want it instated asap so that the clock starts earlier, that is another month in which the ticket would be active and thus using the Time Value of Money, they would be losing more on it.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:47 pm

I too am looking forward to my 100th post. But the trouble I had with trading already with a friend, (see rr ebay thread). I wonder if it will effect the coupon connection in the future?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:31 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Strephon
can I just write them and give them the Award Number?
Yes.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Believe it or not, this is not something that can be done over the phone. That's on the down side. On the up side, it appears WN will extend expired awards by 1 year as well. Just send them the number and a check for $50. I couldn't get an exact cutoff date for until when they would be willing to consider extending it, but it is worth a try if you have an expired one...
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:30 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by Strephon
Since all of the awards are Electronic now, rather than the old paper certificate, what exactly is meant by "mail the expired Award"? Do they want the letter that came in the mail with my drink coupons? What if I didn't keep this--can I just write them and give them the Award Number?
I just reactivated an expired award. You can't do this over the phone, you need to send them a letter with the ticket number of your expired Rapid Award and a check for $50. They wait until the check clears and then send you an e-mail indicating that the award has been reinstated. The whole process took about 30 days.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 6:47 pm

Rapid Rewards Extention

I needed to extend an expired rapid reward ticket. It had expired in October 2004. I mailed my $50 check on June 1st. Southwest negotiated the check on June 9th. On June 16th - I got an e-mail from Rapid Rewards telling me that "Your Award has been extended!" It will expire on June 16, 2006.

I just posted this so people could see the time line to renew the award.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:18 pm

I have a paper ticket which expired in June 1999. I could send it in for information purposes, but I'd be awfully embarassed to try.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:17 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by AnotherJenny
I have a paper ticket which expired in June 1999. I could send it in for information purposes, but I'd be awfully embarassed to try.
Why be embarrassed? At least you found it. I'd be surprised if it didn't work.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:55 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AnotherJenny
I recently had a 2001 expired award reactivated for the $50 fee. So yes they will accept it without a problem.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Anyone know if this policy remains since the announcement concerning other changes (24 month credits, no blackout dates)? I have one I'd like to extend that expires in Dec.
Thanks in advance for the help. I looked all thru the southwest website with no luck.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:15 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I looked all thru the southwest website with no luck.
[SPOON]You should have looked through the FAQ first. Item 21 to be be precise.[/SPOON]
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nsx
[SPOON]You should have looked through the FAQ first. Item 21 to be be precise.[/SPOON]
Thanks nsx. Will try to do better searches in the future.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 3:34 pm

What can you do if you have only half of an award ticket that is expired? Is it just $25? Is it even worth bothering with?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.