Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post best code share pricing here:

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Post best code share pricing here:

Since we are on the eve of the release of code share pricing, I thought I'd create a thread that focused on excellent deals. I'm hoping there will be some great deals that they come out with a BANG with! Post your valuable findings here to alert others.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:25 am

Location: CO Plat Elite; ST Elite+; HH Gold; Starwood Plat; WN CompPass; Nashville, TN
domestic continental flights $299/Hawaii $599

Looks like SW stuck to their guns on the domestic, continental flights being a max of $299, regardless of whether or not they are codeshared. Hawaii looks like it's set to be a max of $599 walkup.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:54 am

The prices look very high right now. IND-DEN (via mdw of course) is $298 r/t and IND-Reagan is $250.

I'm hoping that, once the system is up and running, lower fares follow. I could beat that IND-DEN price by $100 on another airline.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:50 am

My trip of interest would be MCI-NYC (It would be nice to search LGA and EWR at the same time). They're showing the Internet one-way fares of $99 Saturday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and $139 other days. I hope that when they're not doing a systemwide sale, they'll return to having weekly specials of $99 max. on selected routes seven days a week. Can we hope that maybe they'll start this with all the codeshares as the week's specials? Also I'd prefer to do this as a Saturday-Monday trip, and one can't arrive before 3 p.m. Saturday.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
LAX-BOS/EWR/LGA/WAS all have $99 one-way internet specials for T/W/S. The LAX-EWR/BOS fares undercut everyone.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:10 pm

I don't understand why Southwest would issue a press release listing its "regular" prices when it's offering a $99-$149 each way codeshare sale.

Some skeptics in the new codeshare cities would look at those regular fares and write them off as ho-hum.

I hope this means there'll be a marketing blitz soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the mother of all fare sales come Super Bowl Sunday.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I pulled out of the air a couple dates in may...stl-hnl....for a week stay... the SWA cheapest fare was 250 higher ($775) than the cheapest fare on orbitz (which was flying aa nonstop to la and ata from lax to hnl)... now I am not too familiar with the prices stl-hnl....but this would be very high to pay houston-hnl. I couldn't try pricing hou-hnl on swa because they aren't allowing that connection for whatever reason The only new destinations I see for us in houston is bos, dca, RDU?, and ewr (I may have missed a couple as I am not all that familar with swa routing/possible connections out of houston ). I was hoping this would be a 'boon' for us...but it looks like 'much ado about nothing'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.