Newbe Companion Pass Question

Old Jan 14, 2005, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex MR, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, WN and Hertz
Newbe Companion Pass Question

My wife is expecting our 3rd child and is not planning on traveling anytime soon (the next year at least) and so I have no need for the companion pass that I will be earning next week. Is there anything else I can do with it? Can I sell it or maybe convert it into tickets through SW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Try searching this forum.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 7:58 am

Location: CO Plat Elite; ST Elite+; HH Gold; Starwood Plat; WN CompPass; Nashville, TN
usual response: contact SW Customer Relations

Originally Posted by swinghi
My wife is expecting our 3rd child and is not planning on traveling anytime soon (the next year at least) and so I have no need for the companion pass that I will be earning next week. Is there anything else I can do with it? Can I sell it or maybe convert it into tickets through SW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Write a letter to SW Customer Relations. They'll work it out for you.

Last edited by BNAtraveller; Jan 14, 2005 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Ssssshhh! WN carefully guards that information, and if you call, they may ask you how you heard about it. The "word on the street" is that if too many people ask for this, WN may stop doing it altogether. I'm not sure this info should be posted on a public forum.

Anyway, from what I hear, you'll have to write a letter, and give them a reason why you want the conversion, and they may or may not do it for you.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks,
We can consider this thread closed then;-)
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

I just wanted to say that I wrote them and it worked. I got 4 rt tickets. Woohoo. SWA is awesome.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:52 am

Companion pass with Award ticket

I'm sure this has been covered, but the "Search" feature has been disabled....

If I have a companion pass (I have 92 credits, should pass the century mark next month), can I use this privilege in conjunction with an award flight, IE, can I use an award flight and use my wife as my companion, getting two free flights? Or do I have to actually pay for the travel to use the companion pass?

Thanks,
--John Galt
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:56 am

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
Originally Posted by John Galt
.... can I use this privilege in conjunction with an award flight, IE, can I use an award flight and use my wife as my companion, getting two free flights? Or do I have to actually pay for the travel to use the companion pass?
YES!

The Companion Pass for your wife can be used when you are on a Rapid Reward ticket. You effectively get two free flights - all you pay is the security tax on both tickets.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
One thing to watch out for is, How much you will you actually use your Companion Pass?

1. If you get 100 credits in the year you will receive 6 RR Tickets (100/16). Turn the CP in for 4 RR tickets. Next year you can take your spouse or whomever on 5 RT flights, or, you might partner on 3-4 and still have RR tickets to use.

2. If you get 100 credits in a year and take the companion pass. You will have 6 RR Tickets and you can take your partner on 6 RT flights. If you don't take that many flights a CP may not be the best deal.

We used to get one every year and then realized that we weren't getting the full value that one would expect.

If WN would only fly to HI.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.