Southwest Standby

Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:16 pm

A related Standby question.. If I have a checked bag and I join the standby list via my phone prior to arriving at the airport, will the bag be automatically tagged for the earlier standby flight? Or do I need to see a baggage agent and ask them to manually tag it for the earlier flight?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by chartzilla
A related Standby question.. If I have a checked bag and I join the standby list via my phone prior to arriving at the airport, will the bag be automatically tagged for the earlier standby flight? Or do I need to see a baggage agent and ask them to manually tag it for the earlier flight?
See the baggage agent to get the bag tagged for the earlier standby flight
chartzilla likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by joshua362
Concur is a horror show if that's what you are forced to use. Could never do anything once I made a reservation there other than cancel the entire PNR and use the funds in my personal account.
I use Concur, and never had a issue, since I don't use it for switching flights. Last week, I got to the airport earlier than expected for my flight home, the flight before mine was slightly delayed, so I went to the gate, and they processed me in about 30 seconds for the delayed flight, got home about 50 minutes early, I did have a middle seat, but the flight was only 47 minutes long.
joshua362 and steved5480 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Hi, if I have a Wanna Get Away + fare, can I standby/same-day confirm a LATER flight?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:43 pm

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Hi, if I have a Wanna Get Away + fare, can I standby/same-day confirm a LATER flight?
You can same day change to a later flight if a seat is available.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:22 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Thanks.
Old May 6, 2024, 3:20 pm

Hello,
A Southwest newbie here. Purchased a Wanna Get Away Plus fare ABQ-DEN-DAL. Could I standby for a non-stop flight ABQ-DAL? If so, do I need to be at the airport or the app could do so? Thanks.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:51 pm

Hello,
A Southwest newbie here. Purchased a Wanna Get Away Plus fare ABQ-DEN-DAL. Could I standby for a non-stop flight ABQ-DAL? If so, do I need to be at the airport or the app could do so? Thanks.
Since you purchased WGA+, you can get confirmed on the same day non-stop flight starting at midnight ABQ time on the day of your flight. You can make the change on the app, website, or by phone. You'll only need to do standby if the non-stop flight is full.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:51 pm

Hello,
Only for an earlier departure. Not for a direct flight that departs later, even if it would arrive at your destination earlier than your original connecting flight.
Expect to compete with any other through A-list passengers going on your same route.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by zachary
Since you purchased WGA+, you can get confirmed on the same day non-stop flight starting at midnight ABQ time on the day of your flight. You can make the change on the app, website, or by phone. You'll only need to do standby if the non-stop flight is full.
very helpful. Thank you.
Old May 7, 2024, 8:25 am

My son was able to standby for a later non-stop flight the other day in TPA. His luggage wound up going on the connecting flight that departed earlier than the non-stop that he was put on, so he had to return to the airport later to get it.
Old May 15, 2024, 3:54 pm

Does WN allow to standby on an earlier itinerary involving either non-stop flight or a different connection city? I have booked DAL-MDW-PIT departing 4:30 pm but would like to standby for an earlier one (either DAL-PIT non-stop or one with different connection city). Is it possible?
Old May 15, 2024, 10:25 pm

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
Originally Posted by kalebhushan
Does WN allow to standby on an earlier itinerary involving either non-stop flight or a different connection city? I have booked DAL-MDW-PIT departing 4:30 pm but would like to standby for an earlier one (either DAL-PIT non-stop or one with different connection city). Is it possible?
Yes. From SWA website: "Same-day change6 and same-day standby6 benefits give you even greater flexibility on your day of travel so you can hop on a different flight (as long as your origin airport and destination airport are the same)."

You may be able to request standby on the app or you may need to see an agent at the airport. From SWA website (I added the bold): "You may need to speak with a Customer Service Agent to be added to the same-day standby list for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to:
  • You are attempting to add yourself to the same-day standby list less than 30 minutes prior to your desired flight's scheduled departure.
  • Your desired itinerary change may result in a collection or refund of taxes and fees.
  • You are traveling on an international itinerary.
  • Your desired itinerary change will result in a different connection city than your confirmed itinerary.
  • You are attempting to add yourself to the same-day standby list in your connection city.
  • You are trying to list for a flight later than your original flight.
Keep in mind that group bookings and Unaccompanied Minors are not eligible for same-day standby."
Old May 16, 2024, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by oceanbreeez
Yes. From SWA website: "Same-day change6 and same-day standby6 benefits give you even greater flexibility on your day of travel so you can hop on a different flight (as long as your origin airport and destination airport are the same)."

You may be able to request standby on the app or you may need to see an agent at the airport. From SWA website (I added the bold): "You may need to speak with a Customer Service Agent to be added to the same-day standby list for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to:
  • You are attempting to add yourself to the same-day standby list less than 30 minutes prior to your desired flight's scheduled departure.
  • Your desired itinerary change may result in a collection or refund of taxes and fees.
  • You are traveling on an international itinerary.
  • Your desired itinerary change will result in a different connection city than your confirmed itinerary.
  • You are attempting to add yourself to the same-day standby list in your connection city.
  • You are trying to list for a flight later than your original flight.
Keep in mind that group bookings and Unaccompanied Minors are not eligible for same-day standby."
Perfect. Thank you very much. I will post back about my experience. Eyeing the only direct flight on that route.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:12 pm

I'm A-list with a companion pass.

If I book a cheap flight and then do a same day change to a more expensive flight, I'll get to board between A and B correct?

Will my companion get to board with me or will she get the last position available?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.