Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been reimbursed for their "reasonable" expenses yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone been reimbursed for their "reasonable" expenses yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Mikey
My family's flight was cancelled, and we drove home. Most of my expenses were paid (I dont know what was denied but some was). Anyway - my daugher and I were on one reservation and each received 25K "I'm sorry" points. My wife and son were on another reservation (same flights) but did not get oferred the 25K points.

Anyone else have this happen? What did you do?
Did you send a message on TW per danhouston's rec, and/or do you have any update?

I'm in the same situation and I created a reimbursement case but only for the missing 25k points for the other reservation. I received the initial case email, plus a follow-up "taken longer than expected" email, but that follow-up was 8 days ago.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 3:59 pm

Submitted late December, was reimbursed today a pretty sizable amount. Three tickets cancelled, received the 25k forgive us points. Submitted for multiple hotel rooms for a couple of nights on short notice that weren't cheap, tickets on another airline that were $$$ because it was the only option. Plus meals at the hotel. I think they covered 100% of what I submitted which was well documented. Pleasantly surprised.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:55 pm

Got all my reimbursements sorted out today over Twitter.

Filed a delayed baggage + alternate transportation claim on 01/02. Interim expenses (delayed baggage) were automatically reimbursed for the amount I had claimed.
Delta flights that I booked with Skymiles, after my WN flight from A-B was cancelled, were reimbursed at 1.12 cents a piece.

Southwest also cancelled my flight from B-C as a result which I had to return B-A, instead of my originally ticketed C-A. I booked B-A on WN a day before departure and they reimbursed me for that as well.

Overall very satisfactory resolution.
NoLaGent and m907 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 9:21 am

Got my reimbursement email on 1/18, but have yet to see the Hyperwallet email actually come through to redeem the $. Sounds like others got theirs within hours....any DPs on 4+ days? What do I do as recourse if it never shows up?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
My issues with SWA have ALL bee n resolved.
Got my 25,000 X 2.
Received reimbursement for booking alternate flights
Received refund for first 1-15 boarding
Refund of SWA original tickets.
Received A-list even though 1 flight short due to flight cancellation
AsiaTraveler likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Received A-list even though 1 flight short due to flight cancellation
This is my only remaining issue. I had multiple flights cancelled during hell week that would have put me over 50 flights. I called customer support for an unrelated issue a few days ago and brought this up. Agent said they're giving everyone through January to qualify for last year and I should hit it. I don't think this has been publicly stated other than a blog post which reposted an email response from someone at Southwest.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by matt21
This is my only remaining issue. I had multiple flights cancelled during hell week that would have put me over 50 flights. I called customer support for an unrelated issue a few days ago and brought this up. Agent said they're giving everyone through January to qualify for last year and I should hit it. I don't think this has been publicly stated other than a blog post which reposted an email response from someone at Southwest.
I think that is only "half" correct. They are giving an extra month to add flights BUT if one of your cancellations would have qualified you for A-list you don't have to book an "extra" flight to qualify.
See quote from one of my emails from them
"Additionally, we are identifying Members whose disrupted travel would have qualified them for A-List, or A-List Preferred, and/or Companion Pass in 2023, and will provide further communication soon" This was from a Dec 30th email.
I would contact them about your situation if you have not already done so.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Submitted summary letter and receipts on 1/15. 3x one-way tix on AA, one-way rental car, replacement car seat for toddler, a few meals and an Uber ride all totaling ~$2500. Received in bank account this morning. Overall, quick and efficient process. A much faster process than getting our two bags and car seat back which were gone for nearly three weeks!
WannaTheater likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Still waiting for a substantive response to the claim I submitted on Dec. 28. (6017xxxx). I've gotten two "we're working on it" emails. I'm starting to wonder if they're still working on it.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by dhuey
Still waiting for a substantive response to the claim I submitted on Dec. 28. (6017xxxx). I've gotten two "we're working on it" emails. I'm starting to wonder if they're still working on it.
They know they have to be extra careful when dealing with lawyers.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Hi,
Still waiting for 25,000 bonus points.
Received reimbursement for expenses
Received a $250 travel voucher. Does that seem right for a 12 hour delay? (cancelled flight and then rescheduled 12 hours later)
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
They know they have to be extra careful when dealing with lawyers.
They really don't in my case. I'll be disappointed if they don't cover the cost of my Spirit flights plus a short Avis rental, but I wouldn't sue them.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
They really don't in my case. I'll be disappointed if they don't cover the cost of my Spirit flights plus a short Avis rental, but I wouldn't sue them.
Spirit is almost by definition a reasonable expense. They will pay as long as you submitted receipts. I'm sure their backlog is tremendous, especially since they seem to be reviewing submissions manually. They could benefit from technology which could do most of this work for them but we all know how that goes at Southwest.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by stalker
Got all my reimbursements sorted out today over Twitter.

Filed a delayed baggage + alternate transportation claim on 01/02. Interim expenses (delayed baggage) were automatically reimbursed for the amount I had claimed.
Delta flights that I booked with Skymiles, after my WN flight from A-B was cancelled, were reimbursed at 1.12 cents a piece.

Southwest also cancelled my flight from B-C as a result which I had to return B-A, instead of my originally ticketed C-A. I booked B-A on WN a day before departure and they reimbursed me for that as well.

Overall very satisfactory resolution.
Followed this tactic with great results! Twitter is the way to go. After waiting 3+ weeks (with at least 3 “we’ve escalated for further review” emails), they handled this within 30 minutes, and email confirmation from them received.

Originally Posted by rariya
Got my reimbursement email on 1/18, but have yet to see the Hyperwallet email actually come through to redeem the $. Sounds like others got theirs within hours....any DPs on 4+ days? What do I do as recourse if it never shows up?
Did you receive it?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Got this today: Thank you for contacting us. Due to the nature of your request, we are escalating your email for further review, and we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Can't be good...
Got my full reimbursement of $3380 today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.