Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List and flying standby vs. same day change.

A-List and flying standby vs. same day change.

Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by swaMark
I checked with our Managing Director of Loyalty and confirmed there was no intended change to the WGA and Tier Same Day Change Policy
Attached Images  
joshua362, abaheti and oceanbreeez like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:25 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass/A-List Preferred; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by swaMark
Hi All - I checked with our Managing Director of Loyalty and confirmed there was no intended change to the WGA and Tier Same Day Change Policy with this announcement - for either the current years program or the upcoming 2024 improvements which were announced. This footnote and copy will be reworked with the team to reduce any confusion.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for bringing it to our attention. As a proud ALP myself, I really enjoy this benefit when flying revenue and plans change. Im so glad to hear you enjoy it as well!

As always, thank you so much for your support of Southwest. Hope to see you flying with us soon!
I just signed up for flyertalk and, have to say, am totally impressed with the quality responses so quickly. I'll definitely be contributing more often. Thank you to everyone involved with the feedback. And awesome news that WGA fares are unaffected!
jjbiv and abaheti like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:10 am

Odd process / data point today. I'm A-List, originally booked a round trip ATL-STL-ATL; and added my companion in a single process for $11.60. This morning I wanted to do a same-day change on today's return leg. So I first removed my companion, crediting the $5.60 back to the cc. Then I made the same-day change to an earlier flight for myself. But then there wasn't an option to add my companion, either on the app or desktop (there were at least 8 seats available). I called in, they added the companion, didn't know why I couldn't see the option. I think it was either because it was a round trip booking, or the fact the companion was originally added and then subsequently removed by me.

I then checked myself in first, got B-53. Then I checked my companion in, she got B-52. So maybe the "CP getting the better boarding position" is due to same day activity, or because a SW rep was involved? Last time I saw this I think it was due to a same day booking.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Odd process / data point today. I'm A-List, originally booked a round trip ATL-STL-ATL; and added my companion in a single process for $11.60. This morning I wanted to do a same-day change on today's return leg. So I first removed my companion, crediting the $5.60 back to the cc. Then I made the same-day change to an earlier flight for myself. But then there wasn't an option to add my companion, either on the app or desktop (there were at least 8 seats available). I called in, they added the companion, didn't know why I couldn't see the option. I think it was either because it was a round trip booking, or the fact the companion was originally added and then subsequently removed by me.

I then checked myself in first, got B-53. Then I checked my companion in, she got B-52. So maybe the "CP getting the better boarding position" is due to same day activity, or because a SW rep was involved? Last time I saw this I think it was due to a same day booking.
1) This feels like another reminder of why we should always book one-ways on SW.
2) The last few months it seems like it's been fifty/fifty if the primary or companion had the lower boarding position following standard procedures.
dmbolp and m907 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.