Multi City Ticket

Old Oct 24, 22, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Multi City Ticket

Sorry if this has been answered as I can't find a thread regarding this inquiry, if I book a multi city ticket ex cmh-sjc-koa and the first leg is delayed/canceled am I eligible for rebooking in the event of irops?
Old Oct 25, 22, 8:29 am

Programs: LTP, PP
If its all on one PNR, you are "protected" and should be automatically accommodated. That said, if you do have a problem, get involved early as the "protection" today doesn't appear to be much in your favor at all times...
Old Oct 25, 22, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
If its all on one PNR, you are "protected" and should be automatically accommodated. That said, if you do have a problem, get involved early as the "protection" today doesn't appear to be much in your favor at all times...
thanks, its on 2 separate days but I was looking to do the multi city to make sure I was on the same pnr.
Old Oct 26, 22, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
thanks, its on 2 separate days but I was looking to do the multi city to make sure I was on the same pnr.
you cant. Two separate booked tickets you are not covered in any cancelation or delay
Old Oct 27, 22, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
Tell us what happened when you tried to book that ticket.
Old Oct 27, 22, 9:51 am

Will multi-city count as multiple trips/flights/segments for meeting status purposes?
Old Oct 27, 22, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
Tell us what happened when you tried to book that ticket.
sorry to disappoint but due to crazy high prices I ended up booking cmh to sjc flight with points and paid cash for the sjc to koa leg.
Old Oct 28, 22, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
Will multi-city count as multiple trips/flights/segments for meeting status purposes?
I would think they should count as multiple segments if layover is longer than 6 hours (which creates a stopover on WN). It might not if layover is less than 6 hours, but don't have personal experience. WN always prices flights on separate fare components when using multi-city even if there are valid covering fares and layover is less than 6 hours (some airlines fare searches will attempt to merge on single fare component in these cases). So I would think it "should" always count as separate flights, but don't have actual experience with such bookings.

Search this Thread