Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Same Day Change - Different Airport/Same City?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Wondering if anyone has had any success with the A-List Same Day Flight Change to a different AIRPORT within the "same city." I can't find the actual rules but the fine print on the website says "if it's between the same cities," it's allowed. Specifically, I'm wondering if I'd be allowed to same-day change a confirmed flight to LAX to one of the surrounding airports (like SNA or LGB). I figure this is probably an easier ask for cities like Chicago (MDW/ORD) and Houston (HOU/IAH) than Los Angeles, but Southwest DOES populate the LA search with 4 different airports. Curious if anyone has tried and succeeded/failed.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:47 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
It does not work unless your booked flight is already delayed at least one hour.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:54 pm

The terms as you quoted them should allow it, but the poorly trained representatives do not allow it. Given how few of them actually knew/know the policy in general, I wouldn't be shocked if they're wrong.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:24 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by m907
The terms as you quoted them should allow it, but the poorly trained representatives do not allow it. Given how few of them actually knew/know the policy in general, I wouldn't be shocked if they're wrong.
The software phone agents use does not allow change to coterminal airport without an override. This has to be the intent of the policy.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by nsx
The software phone agents use does not allow change to coterminal airport without an override. This has to be the intent of the policy.
I'm saying that the policy as written is ambiguous.
nsx likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Random waivers, no promises. WN wants/needs to optimize load factors in co-terminal settings. And preempt complaints.

"Ambiguous" is at heart a lottery.
steved5480 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.