Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Award trips now counting toward A-List! (was: Qualifications for A list)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver

The following won’t count toward qualification for A-List status: Rapid Rewards reward flights;

I found the above wording on the Southwest site. I notice in my account the little pie chart titled "climbing toward A-List" lists the number of flights I have taken...xx of 25 flights. But, for me, that number of flights taken INCLUDES my reward flights. Has there been a change in the policy to now INCLUDE reward flights as qualifying flights for A list status? Has anyone else experienced this?
m907 and oceanbreeez like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
I see the same thing... Lucky us, until they correct their mistake .
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by PHXflier
Could be some endowments get pre-released for beta testing. Little outrage or bad press hits back. Flagpole may run up other R&D.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Could be some endowments get pre-released for beta testing. Little outrage or bad press hits back. Flagpole may run up other R&D.
Oh, well, that explains it quite clearly.
oceanbreeez likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:54 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
My trip count jumped seemingly overnight. I haven't had time to confirm whether the increment matches my 2022 count of trips flown using points, but it's in the ballpark.

The points portion of A-list and CP qualification did not change, only the trip count. This change, assuming it's intentional, will get me close enough to 100 trips to consider flying cheap midweek segment runs to earn CP.

The points portion of A-list qualification did not change, only the trip count.

2022 has been a year of unprecedented customer-friendly changes at Southwest. I really appreciate this one.
Air Houston and oceanbreeez like this.

Last edited by nsx; Sep 10, 2022 at 4:22 pm Reason: no change to CP trip count
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:18 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Delta started counting award travel toward elite status about a year ago. I don't believe this is a mistake. Delta was correct: Award travel is paid travel, paid in advance by the credit card issuers for the most part.
joshua362 and FindAWay like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by nsx
This change, assuming it's intentional, will get me close enough to 100 trips to consider flying cheap midweek segment runs to earn CP.
Award travel in my profile only helped A-List/A-List Preferred qualifications; my CP qualification number is still based on paid flights I flew.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Award travel in my profile only helped A-List/A-List Preferred qualifications; my CP qualification number is still based on paid flights I flew.
This is true in my case as well.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:59 pm

I'm also seeing my reward flights credited. I may actually be able to re-qualify now.

I just wish I hadn't sunk so much money in to paid tickets while I was thinking I could do it on revenue flights. But it'll end up being a wash.

Last edited by m907; Sep 10, 2022 at 2:37 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:06 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by geo979
This is true in my case as well.
You are both right. I was looking at the a-list display not CP. I will edit the thread title.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I'm also seeing my reward flights credited. I may actually be able to re-qualify now.

I just wish I hadn't sunk so much money in to paid tickets while I was thinking I could do it on revenue flights. But it'll end up being a wash.
So, the plan all along was for this to break on FT.

Bloggers pounding sand.
nsx, dc2, bbbb and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:26 am
Original Poster

If the policy has truly changed to allow reward flights to count for A list, why haven't the written program rules been updated to reflect the change?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:29 pm

It's a one-time thing valid for award flights through September 19th, confirmed it with Southwest media relations. I agree that it's strange that it was not documented anywhere
nsx, LegalTender, jmw and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by JSteele
It's a one-time thing valid for award flights through September 19th, confirmed it with Southwest media relations. I agree that it's strange that it was not documented anywhere
Your post is misleading - what is only through SEP 19th? Award flights flown from Jan 1-Sep 19 counting toward segments or after Sep 19, award travel will no longer count toward status?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:13 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JSteele
Let’s hope that this is a patch allowing an extra week to implement and announce a permanent policy change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.