FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Award trips now counting toward A-List! (was: Qualifications for A list) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2093799-award-trips-now-counting-toward-list-qualifications-list.html)

geo979 Sep 10, 2022 7:55 am

Award trips now counting toward A-List! (was: Qualifications for A list)

The following won’t count toward qualification for A-List status: Rapid Rewards reward flights;

I found the above wording on the Southwest site. I notice in my account the little pie chart titled "climbing toward A-List" lists the number of flights I have taken...xx of 25 flights. But, for me, that number of flights taken INCLUDES my reward flights. Has there been a change in the policy to now INCLUDE reward flights as qualifying flights for A list status? Has anyone else experienced this?

PHXflier Sep 10, 2022 9:07 am

I see the same thing... Lucky us, until they correct their mistake :).

LegalTender Sep 10, 2022 9:21 am

Originally Posted by PHXflier (Post 34588157)

Could be some endowments get pre-released for beta testing. Little outrage or bad press hits back. Flagpole may run up other R&D.

geo979 Sep 10, 2022 11:50 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender (Post 34588195)
Could be some endowments get pre-released for beta testing. Little outrage or bad press hits back. Flagpole may run up other R&D.

Oh, well, that explains it quite clearly.

nsx Sep 10, 2022 11:54 am

My trip count jumped seemingly overnight. I haven't had time to confirm whether the increment matches my 2022 count of trips flown using points, but it's in the ballpark.

The points portion of A-list and CP qualification did not change, only the trip count. This change, assuming it's intentional, will get me close enough to 100 trips to consider flying cheap midweek segment runs to earn CP.

The points portion of A-list qualification did not change, only the trip count.

2022 has been a year of unprecedented customer-friendly changes at Southwest. I really appreciate this one.

nsx Sep 10, 2022 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by PHXflier (Post 34588157)

Delta started counting award travel toward elite status about a year ago. I don't believe this is a mistake. Delta was correct: Award travel is paid travel, paid in advance by the credit card issuers for the most part.

PHXflier Sep 10, 2022 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 34588513)
This change, assuming it's intentional, will get me close enough to 100 trips to consider flying cheap midweek segment runs to earn CP.

Award travel in my profile only helped A-List/A-List Preferred qualifications; my CP qualification number is still based on paid flights I flew.

geo979 Sep 10, 2022 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by PHXflier (Post 34588588)
Award travel in my profile only helped A-List/A-List Preferred qualifications; my CP qualification number is still based on paid flights I flew.

This is true in my case as well.

m907 Sep 10, 2022 1:59 pm

I'm also seeing my reward flights credited. I may actually be able to re-qualify now.

I just wish I hadn't sunk so much money in to paid tickets while I was thinking I could do it on revenue flights. But it'll end up being a wash.

nsx Sep 10, 2022 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by geo979 (Post 34588646)
This is true in my case as well.

You are both right. I was looking at the a-list display not CP. I will edit the thread title.

LegalTender Sep 10, 2022 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by m907 (Post 34588779)
I'm also seeing my reward flights credited. I may actually be able to re-qualify now.

I just wish I hadn't sunk so much money in to paid tickets while I was thinking I could do it on revenue flights. But it'll end up being a wash.

So, the plan all along was for this to break on FT.

Bloggers pounding sand.

geo979 Sep 12, 2022 9:26 am

If the policy has truly changed to allow reward flights to count for A list, why haven't the written program rules been updated to reflect the change?

JSteele Sep 12, 2022 4:29 pm

It's a one-time thing valid for award flights through September 19th, confirmed it with Southwest media relations. I agree that it's strange that it was not documented anywhere

HighFlyinChar Sep 12, 2022 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by JSteele (Post 34594592)
It's a one-time thing valid for award flights through September 19th, confirmed it with Southwest media relations. I agree that it's strange that it was not documented anywhere

Your post is misleading - what is only through SEP 19th? Award flights flown from Jan 1-Sep 19 counting toward segments or after Sep 19, award travel will no longer count toward status?

nsx Sep 12, 2022 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by JSteele (Post 34594592)

Let’s hope that this is a patch allowing an extra week to implement and announce a permanent policy change.