Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Booking Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Online Booking Feature Request

Idea - Could the booking software be changed to show the non-stop flights first?

When booking a ticket on the website (might be the same on the app), once I've entered my city pair and dates, I get a list of all flights sorted by departure time. On El Paso to Dallas that gives me 16 flight choices. 11 of those options are change planes somewhere and 5 are non-stop.

I cannot think of a situation where I would want any of the 11 change plane options. I know there is a little radio button to click if you want to show only non-stops, but that requires two extra mouse clicks and the non-stop option goes away if you change dates.

Here's a screen shot of my favorite outbound choice - leave El Paso at 9:10 and land in Dallas at 11:55? Or leave two hours earlier, change planes in Phoenix, and arrive in Dallas an hour later than the nonstop?

nsx and MileHighColorado like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:23 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Far Left Texas
Idea - Could the booking software be changed to show the non-stop flights first?
Great suggestion. Sort by stops, then within each category sort by departure time.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:10 pm

There is already a button I use quite a bit to show only nonstops/.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:31 pm

And you can sort the results by number of stops (fewest first) as well.

That's on the full website. I don't think you can do those things on the mobile app or the mobile website.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I think this is a great option.

I often click on the NONSTOPS ONLY - but that blocks out all other options. I of course prefer the nonstops, but will look at other options.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
There is already a button I use quite a bit to show only nonstops/.
But that requires two (TWO!) mouse clicks :-)

And it doesn't hold if I change a date or if I switch from $$ to points.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
But that requires two (TWO!) mouse clicks :-)
I know. I risk wearing out by index finger!

​And it doesn't hold if I change a date or if I switch from $$ to points.
This one is pretty annoying, I have to admit. Selection once per session would be much better.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
OP must be buying a lot of tickets for two mouse clicks per trip to be worth starting this thread.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
OP must be buying a lot of tickets for two mouse clicks per trip to be worth starting this thread.
Yes, some of us buy a lot of tix and appreciate any efficiencies built into the process.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
There was another thread where people didn't like typing SAND vs SAN to get the right airport so anything can be a request... (I also was not a fan of DENV vs DEN but didn't think about saying anything)

I will agree that the non stop option not sticking is annoying but southwest isn't the only site with that problem. What I would love is if the low fare calendar has the option for non stops only. Most of the time the low fare is on a terrible connection and the non stops are priced much higher. I only find out by going through each date and as posted changing to non stop each time I change a date.

This is where Google flights is much better since they can filter on non stop.. for any airline except southwest of course.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:53 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I think this is a great option.

I often click on the NONSTOPS ONLY - but that blocks out all other options. I of course prefer the nonstops, but will look at other options.
You an also sort by stops, which pulls all the nonstops to the top without blocking the other options!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.