Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Flight time changed - rebook to a different day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

In January I booked a flight for July, SAN -> MDW at 6:35 in the morning. At some point since January the flight I was on was cancelled and they re-booked me on a flight an hour later.

When they did that, I got an e-mail that I could change that flight to anytime within two weeks of my original flight. I logged in at the time, and it would let me move flights for $0 to any flight within several days.

That was months ago, and now I want to move my flight. It wants to charge me extra now. Did my time run out on that flight change? Can I call the 800# and say some secret combination of words and they'll let me change my flight by a couple of days for $0?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
Originally Posted by photomikey
In January I booked a flight for July, SAN -> MDW at 6:35 in the morning. At some point since January the flight I was on was cancelled and they re-booked me on a flight an hour later.

When they did that, I got an e-mail that I could change that flight to anytime within two weeks of my original flight. I logged in at the time, and it would let me move flights for $0 to any flight within several days.

That was months ago, and now I want to move my flight. It wants to charge me extra now. Did my time run out on that flight change? Can I call the 800# and say some secret combination of words and they'll let me change my flight by a couple of days for $0?
yes, call and just say you got the change email.
nsx and Air Houston like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:47 pm

Technically no, but if you call they can do it.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:57 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by m907
Technically no, but if you call they can do it.
I disagree. I'm certain that the policy allows it. I have never been refused. Unlike some other policies, this one is known to all phone agents.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I disagree. I'm certain that the policy allows it. I have never been refused. Unlike some other policies, this one is known to all phone agents.
I misread the OP. I thought he was asking about changing a flight for a second time, rather than doing it on the phone after the window to do it online closed.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Indeed, they moved it 2 days earlier with no issue.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:04 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by nsx
My experience has not been perfect. I got pushback from one phone agent and I needed a supervisor at the ticket counter on another occasion. I had to gamble at the ticket counter because I couldn't reach a live person on the phone at the time on both the regular and A-list preferred phone numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.