Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding a "little early" fun

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 4:40 pm

And kudos to the gate agent for enforcing. Just hope all agents enforce it every single time.
screeton likes this.

Last edited by deltheking; May 21, 2022 at 4:41 pm Reason: typo
Old May 22, 2022, 7:39 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by deltheking
And as you said if I need to sit towards the front - I just grab the first open middle seat between two thin people LOL & get out fast at deplaning..
I'm like the 1990s Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator scanning for two skinny people surrounding my coveted empty middle seat at the front of the plane.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
I take EBCI , so almost always get an A but if I do a same day flight change I get a B 30-60 or even C . So basically that EBCI was a waste. But I still board in whatever group I get and not complain. Those are the rules we agreed to and it is what it is. . And as you said if I need to sit towards the front - I just grab the first open middle seat between two thin people LOL & get out fast at deplaning..
Being an A-lister who always checks in 24 hours out I am always in the A group, but as you said if there is a flight change after check in you end up usually in C. However the "rules" state that if you are A-List and have a boarding pass not in the A group you board after A1-60 have boarded. So if in fact these two folks were A list with B boarding positions they should have boarded at the end of A.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:19 am

I take EBCI , so almost always get an A .....
Is this the usual experience? I have purchased EBCI a number of times and got a B-group boarding pass. I think I read someplace that those who buy "Wanna Get Away" fares with EBCI are given a lower priority than people who buy "Anytime" fares with EBCI, so that might have something to do with it, I guess.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
I'm sure most of you are familiar with SWA status levels, A-List and A-List preferred.
If you are A-List like I am you get checked in automatically and usually get a decent boarding position depending on when you booked your flight.

On Saturday going from BNA-CHS we start to line up and I've got A-16. About as good as you can get without being A-List preferred or buying your way to the front. 2 "girls / women" who appeared to be in their mid 20's are in standing right by the sign that shows 16-20. I ask them what number they are and one said "we are A-List" OOOO-KKK but what number are you? One of them mumbled something about 20 and I said that was back a few spaces. They ignored that "tip" and continued to stand there. The people behind me chuckled and we just decided to let it go and not worry about it.

Now it's time to board and they proceed to get their
passes scanned and are beeped through and just as they are about to disappear down the jet bridge, the gate agent calls them back and lets them know they are in the B Group. "But we are A-List" they keep saying as they make the walk of shame back to their correct spot.

Most amusing time I've had on SWA in a quite a while.
Gee so these gals really thought they could "game the system" and get a few rows ahead when all seats are the same minues the middles? Wow so they were too excited to get their snacks just a bit earlier and pay for their adult beverages just a bit earlier? I am so glad the system works and they got the " Beep tone of Doom" Whomp Whomp Whomp!

Next time they try this I would love to see the Southwest Boarding Pass system automatically assign them a C 100 boarding position every time! See how they react then!
Old May 26, 2022, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by jmw
I'm like the 1990s Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator scanning for two skinny people surrounding my coveted empty middle seat at the front of the plane.
Haha ! Yeah I do the same - my eyes are in full activated scan mode ..

Originally Posted by Chamor
Is this the usual experience? I have purchased EBCI a number of times and got a B-group boarding pass. I think I read someplace that those who buy "Wanna Get Away" fares with EBCI are given a lower priority than people who buy "Anytime" fares with EBCI, so that might have something to do with it, I guess.
"Usually" being the key word. Depends on how full the flight is as well. But even if you get a "B" it's almost always more like B1-15 and you get an aisle or middle seat. For me , EBCI is like a gift I cant refuse.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Chamor
And if you buy EPCI for a flight 4 months out vs. someone who buys EBCI 2 months out you'll get a better spot. When you buy your ticket does matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.