Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wanna Get away plus Fares are now available! A-Listers get free WGA same day change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wanna Get away plus Fares are now available! A-Listers get free WGA same day change

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Just noticed this morning the new Wanna Get away plus Fares are now available! Just switched some of my upcoming trips in October to them!

Thanks.

Jason
Old May 17, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Refresher to what each fare comes with:
Old May 17, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by jep8821
Just switched some of my upcoming trips in October to them!
These are higher-priced though, right?
Old May 17, 2022, 9:08 am

They are higher priced. ATL-LGA seems to be $30 more. What is not 100% clear from reading is whether one can same day standby or confirm to a nonstop flight, when you are connecting from the point of origin. I assume this is possible but the verbiage on the website was not specific. If it is, this may influence whether one wants to book 2 one ways or a single PNR connection itinerary. Not much reason to do that though I have effectively done it by booking an onward flight separately rather than updating the existing reservation.

Last edited by xooz; May 17, 2022 at 9:18 am
Old May 17, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
And even better:

Tiers & More A-List

Tier Customers now have access to a same-day confirmed change with no difference in base fare if there is a seat available on the same calendar day.
jmw and kennycrudup like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
These are higher-priced though, right?
While its more expensive, the same day flight change was a big deal for me!
Old May 17, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
A semi related question to these fares and the points you get. Do these points apply to qualifying for A-List? Are these tier qualifying points?
Thanks

Last edited by ftnoob; May 17, 2022 at 11:00 pm Reason: Thread flow
Old May 17, 2022, 10:51 am

Is the confirmed same day flight change something that was always available with any time or business select fares? Can this be done online or over the phone? Or do you have to go to the airport like the standby benefit for a list?
Old May 17, 2022, 11:13 am
jmw

Originally Posted by oceanbreeez
And even better:

Tiers & More A-List

Tier Customers now have access to a same-day confirmed change with no difference in base fare if there is a seat available on the same calendar day.
This is the change I'm eyeballing the most. I wonder if the change can be made online rather than schlepping to the airport to talk to an airport ticket agent.
m907 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Is "Flight Credit" the new name for "Travel Funds" or is it something else?
Old May 17, 2022, 11:28 am

Yes, Flight Credit is the new name for Travel Funds.
Tanic and CREN like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
JMW: This is the change I'm eyeballing the most. I wonder if the change can be made online rather than schlepping to the airport to talk to an airport ticket agent.

from the website: A-List and A-List Preferred Members with a Wanna Get Away fare are eligible for free same-day change, but they must call Customer Service or visit a Southwest Gate Agent to make the confirmed change without paying the fare difference.

I will try calling in for a flight tomorrow and report back if I have any issues. Let's hope it will be easy!!
synergistic and m907 like this.

Last edited by oceanbreeez; May 17, 2022 at 11:32 am Reason: quote the comment I'm responding to
Old May 17, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by KATHI OWENS
Yes, Flight Credit is the new name for Travel Funds.
Glad to hear. This is your baby?
Old May 17, 2022, 11:40 am

I can't take credit for this one I am the back up after all the tired ones went home to get some rest.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... I'm slow today- does this mean that in addition to the "go to the airport and standby for free" benefit I get as an A-List-Plus-er, I now can call(? go?) in and get a confirmed change w/o being at the airport on a WGA fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.