Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADD to Calendar incorrect.

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

ADD to Calendar incorrect.

I've recently started adding my flight reservations to my Calendar by downloading the .ics files form the confirmation. I load them into a web application not many people use but I've noticed a few anomalies and I wanted to see if anyone else noticed them.
  1. Sometime the flight gets added on the wrong date, usually the day after the flight is scheduled. In information in the .ics file is incorrect, it gets added to the wrong date and I have to adjust the date.
  2. Every date comes in as a 'Whole Day" that is it blocks out from 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM.
  3. It appears that when working from the receipt page you get the passenger information, but when getting the .ics file from the RR account Details screen, the passenger information is omitted.
It's entirely possible the issue is with my application, but before I go chasin that down I thought I check with the people here.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; May 9, 2022 at 3:59 pm
Old May 9, 2022, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happens when you load the data in a calendar like iCal or Outlook?
Old May 9, 2022, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
What happens when you load the data in a calendar like iCal or Outlook?
No idea. I was hoping someone here could validate that.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I have no data issues downloading into Outlook 2007 using Windows 7 in the past - but it has been a few months since I did it last.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:08 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
No idea. I was hoping someone here could validate that.
I have no issues loading them into ical, YMMV

Well, one thing, it tends to convert the times to my local time zone - so, my 2PM return flight from Vegas shows as a 4PM flight.
I think, when I'm actually in Vegas it will display correctly, as it lists the UTC time. I can report back after my trip in June.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
I have no issues loading them into ical, YMMV

Well, one thing, it tends to convert the times to my local time zone - so, my 2PM return flight from Vegas shows as a 4PM flight.
I think, when I'm actually in Vegas it will display correctly, as it lists the UTC time. I can report back after my trip in June.
I'm pretty confident it will show correctly when you're in Vegas...that's been my experience when in different time zones.
SWAVictor likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
You could have a time zone issue going on between what your computer says and what different apps are set to
Old May 11, 2022, 9:46 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by djp98374
You could have a time zone issue going on between what your computer says and what different apps are set to
Agree - Its the calendar on my phone, and I expect as also confirmed above, that when i land and my phone changes to the vegas local time zone, the calendar will display the correct time
Old May 11, 2022, 12:07 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
My version of Outlook parses the email confirmations from my inbox and automatically adds them correctly to my calendar. It does this with hotel check-in and check-out as well.

IIRC it also deletes them if the flight is cancelled.

I believe it’s a preference you turn on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.