Drink coupons

Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Drink coupons

I got a set of drink coupons in the mail yesterday. First time in two years. Time to take up a drink habit.
kennycrudup and Dean1953 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Just 4, or any backlog?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Just 4, or any backlog?
I'm not home. I didn't think to ask my wife. I'll check when I get home tonight. Meanwhile, I'll find out today if there is free alcohol for St Patrick's Day.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by bwallet
... I'll find out today if there is free alcohol for St Patrick's Day.
Same- twice, even 🍀🍻😁
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Just 4, or any backlog?
Wife reports 4 coupons were in the envelope.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
FA on our flight says he doesn’t know if drinks are free today. He just started his shift. So…… ??
Update: no free drinks on St. Patrick's Day.

Last edited by dlaue; Mar 17, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:02 am

Although each FA on my two segments did know about the "free booze on holidays" thing, both also said that St. Paddy's Day wasn't one of the recognized holidays (... go figure!) but hooked me up anyway.
FindAWay likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
re: St Pats Day.

On our flight, we ordered first round of drinks - did not ask for payment. When they came through for 2nd round I noticed they were taking coupons, etc. When he got to us, he asked for payment. I asked about St Pat day and he said something like " oh yea" and continued on. BUT - before they could serve, rough weather hit... so who knows.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:26 am

Don't know if they've updated the drink pamphlet since drinks are back
Attached Images  
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:02 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
re: St Pats Day.

On our flight, we ordered first round of drinks - did not ask for payment. When they came through for 2nd round I noticed they were taking coupons, etc. When he got to us, he asked for payment. I asked about St Pat day and he said something like " oh yea" and continued on. BUT - before they could serve, rough weather hit... so who knows.
I ordered a drink yesterday and they didnt ask for payment. I was in the exit row so maybe they just figured I was BS (I wasnt)
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I got a set of drink coupons in the mail yesterday. First time in two years. Time to take up a drink habit.
Good to know I should have it soon. I was wondering when I would get them.....

Jiburi
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

I got four more this week as well. That's two weeks in a row. I definitely need to start drinking more. They need bloody mary mix because I can't get myself to drink anything but a bloody mary or a mimosa at 6am, and I don't see Southwest offering champagne anytime soon.
bbbb and steved5480 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:50 pm

The drink holidays even pre-covid were constantly changing. I believe by 2019 it was down to only one per quarter, and usually it was lesser "holidays" like SWA's birthday or the anniversary of Chase RR Card. Even the image upthread is quite old, as it lists LIFT coffee which has been gone for years since the change to Community. No drink holidays have been communicated to flight attendants and none are listed on the current drink menu. You can infer what you want from those observations.

Also, I wouldn't read into when FAs do and do not charge for drinks. We get busy, it gets bumpy, we think we collected a coupon when we meant to come back for payment. You can try to theorize but I'll tell you it's all random chance.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:54 pm

I got four more this week as well. That's two weeks in a row. I definitely need to start drinking more. They need bloody mary mix because I can't get myself to drink anything but a bloody mary or a mimosa at 6am, and I don't see Southwest offering champagne anytime soon.
Sparkling wine made a return with alcohol. It's not technically "champagne", but mimosas are available now and were available pre-covid.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by fiuchris
Also, I wouldn't read into when FAs do and do not charge for drinks. We get busy, it gets bumpy, we think we collected a coupon when we meant to come back for payment. You can try to theorize but I'll tell you it's all random chance.
Oh, no doubt- as well as the great FAs that keep 'em comin' then collect 0 or 1 coupon, it's just another "nice thing that happens". One of my flights I'd had two of the champagne sparkling wine sweet beer and the FA just wanted to see my coupons, didn't even collect.

The last two years have been crazy though- in April '20 I was one of about ~6 pax on an -800; you can't infer anything from anything lately

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.