Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drink coupons

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:38 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I have a flight coming up with my children, all of us in biz select. I presume I can use their drink coupons also, can anyone confirm?

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I have a flight coming up with my children, all of us in biz select. I presume I can use their drink coupons also, can anyone confirm?

Thanks
Yes.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:03 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by steved5480
Yes.
Many thanks!
steved5480 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian

Thanks
Just in case you're not aware, you won't be "in" Business Select as there's no Business Select section (like there might be when flying Business Class on another carrier). Business Select on Southwest is just a pricier, fully-refundable, slightly perked fare category.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Just in case you're not aware, you won't be "in" Business Select as there's no Business Select section (like there might be when flying Business Class on another carrier). Business Select on Southwest is just a pricier, fully-refundable, slightly perked fare category.
Absolutely correct. Questionable syntax by me but my point was I booked in that fare class so want to make sure I use all my coupons 😆 LOL
ursine1 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:00 pm

Good luck getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th service
jmw and bbbb like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Good luck getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th service
headed to Vegas this week, so I'm counting on it!!!!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
I got four more drink coupons over the weekend. That's 3 sets since they brought back alcohol.
FindAWay likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
headed to Vegas this week, so I'm counting on it!!!!
Order 2 at a time. Don't be shy about ringing the bell or walking to the back to ask for a refill (my favorite). Going on vacation, that's the time to burn them... Have fun!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:11 am

I’m not fortunate enough to receive drink vouchers, even though I have a Chase RR card that accumulated 100,000 points last year. I buy them on EBay, when they are cheap enough. I noticed some sellers are listing their expired coupons, saying Southwest will honor then until the end of the year. Is that true?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Dean1953
I’m not fortunate enough to receive drink vouchers, even though I have a Chase RR card that accumulated 100,000 points last year. I buy them on EBay, when they are cheap enough. I noticed some sellers are listing their expired coupons, saying Southwest will honor then until the end of the year. Is that true?
Yes it is true that coupons which expired since they stopped serving are still honored, I'd be careful of the expiration dates, so far the FAs seem to be pretty liberal, but that could change.

Why aren't your getting regular free drink coupons at the rate of 4 per every 10 flights? All you need to do is check a box in your Rapid Rewards Profile.
Dean1953 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:17 pm

My wife and I both have Rapid Rewards cards. I just checked and her drink preference was turned on, probably by me as she doesn’t drink. I got my card after she got hers and I just forgot to turn mine on. That’s too bad, as I do most of the flying in our family.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by bwallet
I got four more drink coupons over the weekend. That's 3 sets since they brought back alcohol.
That's awesome. Just wondering, were they all from Southwest? (vs Chase). Southwest ones are in an regular #10 envelope, attached to the bottom of a letter. Chase ones are in a larger envelope on heavier paper.

I ask because, my understanding was that customers would not receive all the coupons they had "earned" during the suspension of service; that only one set would be sent.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
my understanding was that customers would not receive all the coupons they had "earned" during the suspension of service; that only one set would be sent.
Same; I'm guessing @bwallet has had a bunch of flights since coupon reinstatement?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
That's awesome. Just wondering, were they all from Southwest? (vs Chase). Southwest ones are in an regular #10 envelope, attached to the bottom of a letter. Chase ones are in a larger envelope on heavier paper.

I ask because, my understanding was that customers would not receive all the coupons they had "earned" during the suspension of service; that only one set would be sent.
They were all from Southwest. No Chase RR. I use a Chase Sapphire Reserve card for all flights because of the delay insurance.

I fly every week roundtrip (I commute from Oklahoma to Houston). Given that I got two sets week on week, no way I earned the second set. I'm not being caught up either because that would be like 20 more sets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.