Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Companion Pass, A-list Preferred, Companion Boarding # with a twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott

So last year and start of this year I had a companion pass. I am also A-list preferred. When wife traveled she would always get a boarding pass right after mine. Even when I forgot to get boarding pass until day of flight, so A-list getting me my number.

Now I no longer have companion pass but now she one. So she has a companion pass but no status and I will be her companion.
Anyone have this situation and know what boarding # we will get?
I assume I will still get my good A-list one but will she still get the one right after me?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by rthib
So last year and start of this year I had a companion pass. I am also A-list preferred. When wife traveled she would always get a boarding pass right after mine. Even when I forgot to get boarding pass until day of flight, so A-list getting me my number.

Now I no longer have companion pass but now she one. So she has a companion pass but no status and I will be her companion.
Anyone have this situation and know what boarding # we will get?
I assume I will still get my good A-list one but will she still get the one right after me?
Yes, you will still get your A-List position even though you are her companion.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by pgh234
that is the unknown in the algorithm….
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:41 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by pgh234
I know I will, my question is what will she get?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by rthib
I know I will, my question is what will she get?
The next sequencial boardng position. There was a thread about this a few months ago and I personally verified it with my wife's CP in February as her companion.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:05 am

pgh234 is absolutely correct. It's worked for me 4 separate times.

One other issue. After checking in, we had to change flights on the day of travel due to weather/delays. We got C boarding passes on the new flights. I asked the ops agent if my non-status spouse could board with me between A and B, and he permitted to her to do so. I am not sure that this was technically correct under the policy, so YMMV.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Does not matter who has the a list or CP. Will be next number.

WARNING - if you are A1-15 - you will not get a A1-a15 for companion. Oil and water do not mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.