Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

1-year Companion Pass + 30k points for a $69 credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1-year Companion Pass + 30k points for a $69 credit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
I just noticed this in the fine print: Please allow up to 8 weeks for Companion Pass to post to your Rapid Rewards account.

That's kind of disappointing. Does anyone have experience with it posting faster, or do they usually drag it out the whole 8 weeks?

Also, if we finish our spend in say a month instead of 3, will that 8 week clock start immediately or will they not start processing until the 3 months is over?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Marko123
I just noticed this in the fine print: Please allow up to 8 weeks for Companion Pass to post to your Rapid Rewards account.

That's kind of disappointing. Does anyone have experience with it posting faster, or do they usually drag it out the whole 8 weeks?

Also, if we finish our spend in say a month instead of 3, will that 8 week clock start immediately or will they not start processing until the 3 months is over?
That's just to cover them if there is an issue with points posting or something. It almost always happens within a short time after you become eligible.
Marko123 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Marko123

If it is anything like getting CP in the past, it is not 8 weeks.

BUT - they only process points from Chase over to SWA once a month. So, once your statement closes each month, points and bonus will transfer over within a day in most cases. We have seen some rare situations that it took a week, but 1-2 days is the norm. Again, the important date is your CLOSING DATE.
Marko123 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:09 pm

My statement closed last night and today I had my points and CP.
Marko123 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
If I were to get approved, how quickly would the companion pass kick in?

-J.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
If I were to get approved, how quickly would the companion pass kick in?

-J.
I got approved for the card on the 9th, and the statement closed on the 26th along with the CP.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by bbbb
I got approved for the card on the 9th, and the statement closed on the 26th along with the CP.
Ugh. Was hoping to use it on the 26th of this month. Guess I'll skip applying

-J.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
For those wondering when they will get the bonus points and CP...

FWIW, I hit the required spend last week, my statement closed last night, and both the 30K bonus points and the companion pass arrived in my Southwest Rapids Rewards account before 11 am Eastern this morning.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:50 pm

I signed up 3/6 hit my 5Kplus spending on 3/20/22 cycle closed and nothing. They are saying now i have to wait til May.
I spent 5K in 2 weeks to ensure CP at closing cycle which would have been 4/5 they say.

I just called them and they said it takes 1-2bllng cycles which DOES NOT make sense since Southwest RR shows 5800 in points i spent thus far but not the 30k bonus or CP. Everyone has been so rude and unable to explain why this delay. One rep even said "well u didnt have to rush & Spend that much u had 3months.

Last edited by gcocas; Apr 6, 2022 at 6:24 pm
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:07 pm

you saved yourself, they seem to have screwed me over even as i rushed to spend the 5K in 2weeks
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Ugh. Was hoping to use it on the 26th of this month. Guess I'll skip applying

-J.
you saved yourself, they seem to have screwed me over even as i rushed to spend the 5K in 2weeks 3/20 and still have no bonus or CP. The 5800points i spent on ccard tranx over though.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:59 pm

Question CCard offer w 30K bonus points & CP, only the points tranx for money spent not offer

Need some help from any Southwest RR experts.

I signed up for Chase Southwest RR offer spend 5K get 30K bonus points +CP. Great, so I signed up 3/6 hit my 5Kplus spending on 3/20/22 cycle closed yesterday and my RRewards only show the 5800points for $$ spent on the card missing the bonus points and CP.

Called CCard and mentioned why only the 5800 points were tranx not the offer. They say is up to Southwest RR to apply that?? This does not make sense as Ive read of other readers getting the bonus points and CP right after closing cycle.

I rushed to spend 5K in 2 weeks before closing cycle to get the offer. TOday I spent half day on the phone w Chase and they are blaming Southwest RR.
Anyone know whom can I contact as I have gotten nowhere with customer care. Is Southwest RR the ones responsible to apply the bonus & CP?

Just seems strange the points made it over for the exact amount spent on ccard 5800 but missing the Bonus offer & CP.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:04 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
It sometimes happens that your application is not correctly linked to the correct bonus offer. Usually the bank will be able to fix it. Sometimes not. Send a secure message to Chase explaining and ask them specifically if your account is showing the CP offer. Whatever they can do will not get you a CP before the next cycle closes, unfortunately. You win some, you lose some.
bbbb likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by gcocas
Need some help from any Southwest RR experts.

I signed up for Chase Southwest RR offer spend 5K get 30K bonus points +CP. Great, so I signed up 3/6 hit my 5Kplus spending on 3/20/22 cycle closed yesterday and my RRewards only show the 5800points for $$ spent on the card missing the bonus points and CP...
So, you are saying you applied on 3/6, then got the card and were able to hit the spend by 3/20? That was fast. Usually takes a week or two for the card to even show up.

And, how did you get a statement close date so quick?

Last edited by NoStressHere; Apr 8, 2022 at 7:33 am
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
So, you are saying you applied on 3/6, then got the card and were able to hit the spend by 3/20? That was fast. Usually takes a week or two for the card to even show up.

And, how did you get a statement close date so quick?
That is correct, in 2 weeks I spent the 5k to ensure offer was applied at statement closing on 4/5. Chase is saying they did not verify until 4/6 even though i met the quota on 3/20 way before statement closed. Friday i spent half day waiting on with reps being bounced around with chase then they pushed me of to Southwest RR saying they are the ones that apply the offer. Southwest says NO, they only apply offer after Chase verifies. Chase could not explain why they only pushed the 5800 points in $$ spent on CCard but not the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.