Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Frequent Travelers on www.Southwest.com is Live

Old Feb 10, 22, 7:43 am
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards

Howdy FlyerTalk Customers! You can now add, edit, and delete frequent travelers on our desktop website at www.southwest.com

Coming soon to your mobile booking experience too. It will be a bit before we can get it into the mobile account as we're working on a full mobile version of My Account, but we'll prioritize usage on mobile booking. Also, an aside, thank you to the FTer's that provided feedback on the new Mobile My Account experience we are building with our Digital Research & Design teams. They have used that to influence our future designs of a fully responsive and mobile friendly Account.

Please let me know what you think of the new Desktop Frequent Travelers feature. This was often cited as a feature enhancement within this forum so we are incredibly excited to bring it to you.

And as always, thanks for your support of Southwest.

Tanic, crazywig, screeton and 20 others like this.

Last edited by swaMark; Feb 10, 22 at 12:33 pm Reason: Typo - was so exited to share the news
Old Feb 10, 22, 8:58 am

This is extremely helpful...many thanks!
AsiaTraveler, screeton and swaMark like this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Silver w/Club Card. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Love it. Thanks
swaMark likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SW A-List
Awesome, thank you! I always get nervous booking flights for groups of 4 or 5, and this will ease those fears!
swaMark likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 6:39 pm

This is awesome!!
swaMark likes this.
Old Feb 11, 22, 4:29 am

This is fantastic, thank you!
swaMark likes this.
Old Feb 11, 22, 2:21 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Just a quick note that swaMark is a huge asset that we have lurking and contributing to Flyertalk.

If WN was still issuing / accepting Kick Tail vouchers he would have a big stack.
dlaue and screeton like this.
Old Feb 11, 22, 3:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
Just a quick note that swaMark is a huge asset that we have lurking and contributing to Flyertalk.

If WN was still issuing / accepting Kick Tail vouchers he would have a big stack.
+1

The vouchers should be renamed to something less evocative of an airborne altercation.

screeton likes this.
Old Feb 11, 22, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post

Y'all, you're going to make me blush. But really, think you all for your continued support and love for Southwest. I love lurking and engaging here as you all help us improve Southwest. I also love getting to be able to partner up with SWAVictor to ensure we keep your digital experiences top notch. I wish I could give you all kick-tails too as you literally help keep us flying and ensure that we get paid!

But the real MVPs for Frequent Travelers are the following Cohearts and partners that brought this feature to life. Share some virtual LUV for Anant, Qi, Meredith, Grant, Stephanie, Michael, Jole, Kathi, Ashley, Blake, Jerel, Mike, Jim, Blaire, Yodel, Samba, Jesus, Rachel, Vinoth, Krunal, Mo, Edward, Louis, Clayton, Danny, and more. Those folks worked so hard to bring this one to life for us. Plus, they didn't give up, as we had to make them temporary decision to delay this in 2020 while we shifted gears to the temporary Travel Funds to Point Converter and downsized during the pandemic. Even with the adversity of the pandemic, this amazing group of Cohearts continued to persevere to make sure we would bring this to life for our Customers. I am so privileged to be able to get to work with them and all of our Digital Cohearts.

I keep this picture of Herb up and one his sayings to keep me grounded. The folks above, and the thousands of Cohearts like them, are what help propel us all forward to continue to improve and change for the better for all of you. Thank you!

Old Feb 12, 22, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
make sure your server recognizes an iPad as a desktop viewer.

Last edited by ftnoob; Feb 16, 22 at 12:40 am Reason: thread flow
Old Feb 13, 22, 5:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Now how about searching MIA and FLL together?
Rd3, LegalTender and AsiaTraveler like this.
Old Feb 13, 22, 7:36 am

Thanks, swaMark! If you help set the roadmap, could you guys PLEASE find a way to let me combine my travel credits?? I have so many $5.60 credits randomly and it's such a pain to use them all for one flight. Thank you <3
Old Feb 13, 22, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mathwizard314 View Post
Thanks, swaMark! If you help set the roadmap, could you guys PLEASE find a way to let me combine my travel credits?? I have so many $5.60 credits randomly and it's such a pain to use them all for one flight. Thank you <3
I agree - this is quite the problem. Our 3 form of payment limitation per ticket (including cc) is especially apparent with travel funds generated from points booking cancellations. It bothers me every time I book, and Iím in your camp as I commute a lot on revenue tickets so I can be close to my family and still work for Southwest. And Iím the guy who works directly on the roadmap with our stakeholders so the pain cuts much more deeply.

I have good news and bad news. Good news is that we just moved our entire system that hosts our residual travel funds onto a brand new modern tech stack called SWA Bank. Itís funny you bring up funds as the cutover happened on Friday morning and billions of funds were moved overnight. It was very smooth and should make improvements even easier in the future as the tech stack is so much more modern. The bad news is that changing this limitation within booking or change takes many different groups as the limitation is due to some rules deep within the tech stack and they go all the way from our website, apps, across our middleware, and deep into our reservation system. They are in there to actually reduce complexity as each additional form of payment or type of FOP allowed during a booking or change exponentially increases testing complexity, maintenance costs, and design costs.

I like idea though of a travel fund merge tool. With this new SWA Bank system that may be something we could now explore more easily.

This summer we are standing up a Trip Support team to focus on things exactly like this that prevent self service or drive frustration. We already stood up a brand new Day of Travel agile team that brings together our web, app, middleware, and res system teams to improve
that experience. When Bob talks about our desire to modernize our experiences, these new teams are one component of that goal. Iím really excited about our investment in these areas, as our Cohearts. Was just in a big kickoff for our new Day of Travel team on Friday afternoon. So much fun to see everyone working together to solve problems in these spaces.

Admittedly that Trip Support team has a pretty big backlog too. Things like adding passengers, removing passengers, allowing a change when a lap child is booked, allowing international boarding pass issuance via digital changes, group bookings, booking an unaccompanied minor on our mobile workflows, etc. Though, I will definitely add this to our Trip Support team backlog so the team can analyze the volume of occurrences and determine the priority of solving this problem over some of our other opportunity areas.

Hopefully all that context helps to share that we are committed to ongoing improvements in your experience. Canít wait to share more about them in the future!

Thank you so much for bringing this up and thanks for you support of Southwest.
FindAWay, nsx and synergistic like this.
Old Feb 13, 22, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374 View Post
make sure your server recognizes an iPad as a desktop viewer.
Hello there! Thanks for the feedback. Are you seeing www.Southwest.com redirect to mobile.Southwest.com on your iPad? If so, thatís not what should be happening. We may have an errant rule in our redirect configuration. Would you mind sharing your iPad model number and iOS version number with me so we can research? There were some recent logic changes in iOS 14 and 15 as well with Safari that may be contributing too.

Thanks so much for your support of Southwest!

Last edited by swaMark; Feb 13, 22 at 3:03 pm
Old Feb 14, 22, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stvr View Post
Now how about searching MIA and FLL together?
Funny you should ask about Nearby Airports. We just started engineering work on this feature. Concept is that you can select one or many airports in a nearby area and we'll incorporate them into the shopping results. Below is an early prototype we took to usability research. I don't have an end date yet and we'll need to A/B test this one as it's a complex feature that could confuse some folks. I'm hoping sometime in the second half of this year. As always, roadmaps are subject to change. If we have a really big thing come down from on high, such as a regulatory change, then we will have to shift gears. That's actually one of the reasons why Frequent Travelers was delayed, we had to switch gears during the height of the pandemic and handle new regulatory changes as well as build the temporary Travel Funds to RTF converter to give Customers more flexibility.

Huge shout out to Kathi and Taylor who have been bringing the prototypes to life.

Search this Thread