Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booze Returns Feb 16th

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by huge
Are they bothering to check whether your coupon says 2020 or 2021? I have several coupons expired in 2019 (and one from 2016!) and am flying SEA-LAS tomorrow.
Yesterday I gave the FA a coupon that expired in 2017.
AsiaTraveler, huge and Marko123 like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Yes I remember when the 10,000 bell and announcement was made they used to jump into action. Not anymore. They will talk and visit for 15minutes
many times or even 30 minutes on longer flights. LAZY
Old May 19, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Last couple flights around the west coast the SO and I have ordered a drink or two and FAs never took the time to collect payment. Flight is over 2 hours so they had plenty of time.

I do note that we've been flying last-of-the-day flights, so maybe either there's some allowable breakage and they don't bother collecting payment if they're under their breakage limit for the day? I'm trying to use my Amex Plat incidental credit so I wouldn't even mind being charged, but I won't complain too hard.

Never had any experience on these routes of FAs trying to not do service. They're usually serving as soon as we level off and are fast and efficient, with no trouble of doing 2-3 rounds if you wanted.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
WN FAs have been somewhat lax about collecting coupons in general, both pre- and post-Covid. I've had some ~7 drinks since reinstatement and have spent 3 coupons.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:53 am

I loath to pile on the flight attendants, but a recent trip to Las Vegas was illustrative of the poor drink service. In fact I'm only relating it because of the flight attendant's comments to us.

This was my first flight since alcohol has returned. Flight was totally smooth with no turbulence at all. In fact, the seat belt sign went off earlier than I can remember for many years. We were in row 18 so back of plane service-wise. Service did not start for what I considered to be a long time, but was on par with past non-alcoholic flights since covid with maybe nothing happening until an hour or more into the flight. Flight attendants took drink orders and the first round came out pretty much all at the same time for the whole plane. The middle section FA however returned to her section at least two additional times, and maybe even three. She would return with full drink trays each time. Our section FA simply disappeared. I think we finally saw her again when she came back for trash which was maybe 40 minutes later. She didn't ask if we wanted anything, but we told her we'd like another drink (vodka), and her response was, "we're pretty much out of everything, her section (gestures to middle section) drank it all, but I'll see if we have any left. That's why I asked if you wanted a double." I was astounded that was her response. Even if I believed her, and I didn't, the reason the middle section drank it all was because their FA provided service. She did bring back two more drinks saying they were "the last two bottles" (sure they were), and did not charge for them. Just really poor, and laggard service.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by johnjagg
I loath to pile on the flight attendants, but a recent trip to Las Vegas was illustrative of the poor drink service. In fact I'm only relating it because of the flight attendant's comments to us.

This was my first flight since alcohol has returned. Flight was totally smooth with no turbulence at all. In fact, the seat belt sign went off earlier than I can remember for many years. We were in row 18 so back of plane service-wise. Service did not start for what I considered to be a long time, but was on par with past non-alcoholic flights since covid with maybe nothing happening until an hour or more into the flight. Flight attendants took drink orders and the first round came out pretty much all at the same time for the whole plane. The middle section FA however returned to her section at least two additional times, and maybe even three. She would return with full drink trays each time. Our section FA simply disappeared. I think we finally saw her again when she came back for trash which was maybe 40 minutes later. She didn't ask if we wanted anything, but we told her we'd like another drink (vodka), and her response was, "we're pretty much out of everything, her section (gestures to middle section) drank it all, but I'll see if we have any left. That's why I asked if you wanted a double." I was astounded that was her response. Even if I believed her, and I didn't, the reason the middle section drank it all was because their FA provided service. She did bring back two more drinks saying they were "the last two bottles" (sure they were), and did not charge for them. Just really poor, and laggard service.
So wait.... She originally offered you a double and THEN you not only got your second drinks (apparently 40 minutes after your first drinks) BUT she also did not charge you... and you are complaining? I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
jjbiv and smmrfld like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:48 pm

You were comped and you’re complaining? SMH.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by GoldenArgosy
So wait.... She originally offered you a double and THEN you not only got your second drinks (apparently 40 minutes after your first drinks) BUT she also did not charge you... and you are complaining? I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
So wait, you're fine with your FA not returning for additional drinks, giving an excuse that another section drank everything (because their FA actually returned for additional orders throughout the flight), then only getting another drink because you insisted (how many other passengers think they can't order a drink unless asked, or would have backed down when hearing they were out?) when they picked up trash near the end of the flight, but because she didn't charge you for your second drink all that being ok? I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:08 pm

So wait, you're fine with your FA not returning for additional drinks, giving an excuse that another section drank everything (because their FA actually returned for additional orders throughout the flight), then only getting another drink because you insisted (how many other passengers think they can't order a drink unless asked, or would have backed down when hearing they were out?) when they picked up trash near the end of the flight, but because she didn't charge you for your second drink all that being ok? I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
Your attempt at humor failed miserably, along with your misguided outrage IMO.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
I was on a flight the other day that was about 2 hours in the air. I wasn't too surprised to see how things played out thanks to this thread. After the 'ding' at 10k feet there was no movement from the FA's. No noticeable turbulence either. About 30 minutes later they finally got up and started serving. There was a phone call tone from the cockpit right before that must've been the ok to start service. I ordered an adult beverage and attempted to hand over my drink coupon with a 2020 expiration date. FA gave me the old "I'll come back for it later" line. I know that's code for "this one is on us." I kept my coupon handy just in case but indeed he never came back for it. All in all a pleasant experience. I didn't notice any fisticuffs due to inebriated pax so hopefully that's a good sign that they'll continue booze service.
steved5480 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Just randomly received 4 drink coupons in the mail with expiration of 5/31/23. It's from Southwest and not Chase.
Marko123 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:45 pm

Where is the updated Sips and Snacks Menu on the WN website? They list the Summer 2019 menu but nothing past that?
Old May 29, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, I've never not had drink service cancelled that wasn't actually due to turbulence, and it was started/resumed if the chop stopped.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:51 pm

Of the three short flights I've taken recently (RT MDW-STL and 1 way LAS-LAX), one had no service at all and the other 2 started so late that we were below 15000 ft on the descent when last drinks were passed out. All 3 were perfectly smooth. Certainly a difference from pre 2020 where the FAs where able to complete drink service on these routes with enough time to sip the drink instead of gulp down.

Not a complaint because I don't get a drink on those flights anyway, just an observation
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:04 am

Just to follow up on this because a few people here seemed to be "outraged" that I wasn't suitably appreciative for getting comped $14 of drinks that I only got after insisting on it despite FA pushback. I found out this past week that my wife did, in fact, pay for the drinks. I did not notice that the FA came back for payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.