Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Marko123
Ha! Oh my, good luck with that.
Oh Heck No. I want a Woodford!
Marko123 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Tino
Sara Nelson and her union have also called for a total ban of alcohol in airport restaurants and the shutting down of airport bars. The "Carrie Nation of the Air" really is off the deep end.

https://liveandletsfly.com/flight-at...t-alcohol-ban/
No can do. I go to the Airline Lounge and get some drinks before my flight. No one will stop me🤣
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:53 am

An "app pre-order QR code or kiosk voucher to present to flight attendants" doesn't bolster mask compliance.

Non-verbal ordering is impractical with the service expansion.
There will always be those who need the options spoken to them and have the option spoken back, including anyone with impaired vision.

Total non-starter.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Tino
I'm trying to figure out why this is even newsworthy. Is it because the Southwest FA union (and their industry's spokesperson, the anti-business Sara Nelson) loves to whine to the press about things that should be kept in-house? There are other airlines out there (Allegiant, etc), that never paused alcohol and snack service throughout the pandemic. As far as I know, there hasn't been mass pandemonium on those flights.
LOL...Oh, it's a small world. Prior to the F9 takeover of NK, I had no idea who Sara Nelson was, but after seeing some clips of her reply to the merger, I think I may be tempted to buy F9 stock. I mean, whatever she hates, sign me up as a shareholder!
Kevin AA likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
I don't really care about drinking on planes, but I find it hilarious how bent out of shape everyone gets when the airlines dare not serve them alcohol. I guess we all have priorities..
A few reasons why the alcohol ban is annoying:
1. Adults dislike being treated like children
2. Collective punishment is an evil concept.
3. Alcohol calms the nerves of people who are scared to fly

I'm sure we could articulate others.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
And I'm sure their resistance has nothing to do with the fact that resuming full service means more work for them. Less time for candy crush and wordle. Heaven forbid.
At least with Wordle it can only be played once a day.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: WN A-List, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
Not optimistic about using my drink coupons due to heavy use of "no service due to turbulence" excuses.
My weather models show a sharp rise in the incidence of "turbulence" across the country starting Feb. 16.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by bloxomo
My weather models show a sharp rise in the incidence of "turbulence" across the country starting Feb. 16.
Turbulence that will only affect WN aircraft.
bloxomo likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Any idea of when we will start receiving drink coupons again? After this thread, I need some free alcohol.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:45 pm

Since we can drink again, does anyone have any old coupons they wish to donate to the drinkers? Just kidding. Or maybe not. :0)

It has been interesting reading everyone's perspective regarding drinking alcohol while flying. I enjoy a glass of wine during flight. I hate to fly. I fly too often for my comfort. That said, on almost all of my flights, the attendants bring around drinks (alcohol or non-alcohol) once and only once during the flight. I doubt most folks will become drunk off of one drink, unless they have had several pre-boarding.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by jiminycricket
...on almost all of my flights, the attendants bring around drinks (alcohol or non-alcohol) once and only once during the flight. ....
People successfully request doubles on those sorts of flights, and get a full can of mixer or ice without (usually) asking for it.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:12 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Mask discussion has been moved to the Peanut Gallery where it belongs, along with some sharp-edged comments.

I really miss peanuts. At this point I wouldn't even insist on dry roasted.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:10 am

I miss the WN peanuts. On a DAL-DEN flight just before they discontinued them I mentioned to the FA how disappointed I was going to be once they were gone and he gave me a whole sack from the galley. I ate peanuts for a week.
WNLuvr, screeton and Air Houston like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by nsx
I really miss peanuts. At this point I wouldn't even insist on dry roasted.
I really miss drinks. But apparently that's not an allowed opinion.
NoStressHere, jmw and COEWR2587 like this.

Last edited by ftnoob; Feb 14, 2022 at 3:01 pm
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:04 pm
jmw

Tomorrow is Day One. I have many coupons because I don't drink much.

I just moved my old drink coupons from my desk back into my wallet for my flight on Feb 16th, day one of alcoholic drinks.

I will try to remember to take pictures of the alcohol menu and post them here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.