Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Delays with points refund/re-deposit for canceled flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold

I just canceled two different reservations today that I made with points and normally I get an email right away saying your points balance has been adjusted and the points go back into my balance right away.

That didn’t happen.

Is this something new? Or just a delay in the system right now?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:00 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Nothing new. I just cancelled a points booking and the points went immediately back to my account, and I got the email immediately.

There may have been a glitch/hiccup with your specific reservations.
Log out and back in to see if the points are in your account.

Otherwise, you may want to call in to verify the cancellation processed properly.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Disregard! I forgot I booked using my spouses points. They were refunded into their account.
SWAVictor and lougord99 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:50 pm

I had an similar oddity yesterday. Cancelled some flights online, points didn't instantly go back to my account viewing it on a pc, but points were back when viewed on the app. Logged out of my account on the PC, logged back in, points still not there. And as type this out, I assume it was probably due to cookies or something.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:16 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
It was likely stuck in the cache,
If you happen to use Chrome, incognito mode is a good way to test this out.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:04 am

Not exactly the same scenario, but my points actually have not been refunded. It has been over 12 hours, and on the activity it shows them deposited and then withdrawn for the same booking?

It's not a cache issue.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Disregard! I forgot I booked using my spouses points. They were refunded into their account.
Thanks for coming back to explain the "problem".

With all due to respect to MSP_Monopoly - this is why certain things are far from accurate. (Customer is always right) - LOL!!!!
joshua362 and MSP_Monopoly like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:05 pm

So after I cancelled my flight it took 5 days for the points to be credited back to my account. Don't know if the system got messed up because I had changed the flight once prior to the cancellation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.