Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest 2 free EarlyBird Checkins with Chase card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest 2 free EarlyBird Checkins with Chase card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:06 am

Is it per person or per reservation?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:34 am

It's per that particular RR card account, per anniversary year. It doesn't matter who the EBCI is purchased for.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:05 pm

Ok. Not to be a pest, so if I have a reservation listing myself and my wife as the passengers, I would go in and buy one for each of us and that would use up my 2 free EB rewards?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by matandch
Ok. Not to be a pest, so if I have a reservation listing myself and my wife as the passengers, I would go in and buy one for each of us and that would use up my 2 free EB rewards?
Correct.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:54 pm

The EBCI rewards work just like the Upgraded Boarding ones do (along with the $75 credit, the wifi credits, points transfer credits, GlobalEntry/PreCheck credit, and in-flight purchase discounts). Whenever Chase's system sees those particular purchases come through on an applicable card account they apply a statement credit equal to the fee or percentage discount.
sspontak likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
Correct.
Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
Correct.
Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by matandch
It is per person. Yes, you could buy two and use them up that way. Or you could do one, and save the middle seat for her - which is rarely a problem since nobody wants to sit in the middle.
George M likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
It is per person. Yes, you could buy two and use them up that way. Or you could do one, and save the middle seat for her - which is rarely a problem since nobody wants to sit in the middle.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. But I got lucky in that my anniversary month is December so I bought the 2 to use them up because I will lose them otherwise in a month.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Trying to add early bird to my Hawaii to mainland flight tmr, an error pops up saying "the passengers associated with this itinerary do not qualify for earlybird check-in." I'm not A List or anything. Any ideas?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:49 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by italdesign
Trying to add early bird to my Hawaii to mainland flight tmr, an error pops up saying "the passengers associated with this itinerary do not qualify for earlybird check-in." I'm not A List or anything. Any ideas?
You may be too late to be early.
Cutoff is 36 hours before flight.
Tanic, screeton and ursine1 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:37 pm

If your flight is tomorrow, you're too late. As mentioned above, the cutoff is t-36 hours.

In general, EarlyBird Check-In is most beneficial when purchased as far in advance as possible.
Tanic likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:32 am

Huh, OK. Is it refundable if I cancel the flight? Does Chase clawback the credit in that case?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:40 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Early Bird is not refundable. If instead of canceling the trip you change it more than 25 hours before the departure you will get EBCI on the new flight. Change as many times as you like this way.
NoStressHere and screeton like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Early Bird is not refundable. If instead of canceling the trip you change it more than 25 hours before the departure you will get EBCI on the new flight. Change as many times as you like this way.
Interesting. Can it be a totally different route? Works on award flight change (something I've never done)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.