Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anybody seen TQP from credit card spend not post in their RR account?

Old Oct 24, 2021, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

I have two credit cards and I have been tracking my spend to renew my A-List. Southwest gave everybody 15k TQPs earlier in the year. So by my calculations I only have to come up with $140,000 of credit card spend to hit A-List again (1500 TQPs for every $10,000 in spend will get me over the 35k TQP mark. As I know this benefit maxes out with $100,000 in spend, I am doing this spend over my personal and biz card to spread it out.

So far I have 85k in spend on one card and 56k in spend on the other. This should give me 12,000 TQPs from the first card and 7500 TQPs on the other. Southwest so far has shorted me 1500 TQPs on each card. I have no idea why or how they are coming up short. For my CP points, everything that Chase is saying they are sending on the statement matches up to the CP qualifying points that are going in my RR account. So I know they are at least getting the total points numbers correct from Chase.

I made an inquiry on twitter and they are giving me some excuse saying they need to reach out to a liasons department where they will get back to me via email in 7-10 business days. This is really lousy as we are getting close to the year and I want to stop putting charges on these two cards until the new statement year if I can. Isn't there somebody from SW that works here? @SWAVictor? I have an excel sheet that shows when I should be getting every 1500 TQP drop in my account and it seems like after June things started to screw up on both cards.

Curious if anybody noticed this. I figure most aren't getting A-List from spend but I did last year (maxed out two credit card spend plus one BS fare got me 35k TQPs). This year i dont even need to do the BS fare thanks to the 15k freebies.

Sorry for the length and TIA.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
My advice is to go back and look at EACH and EVERY credit card statement to see where you earned each one. I would think a good month by month review would help point out which month they shorted you. And THAT will help them fix it. Doubt you will be able to get someone at Chase or SWA to do all that legwork.

As I type this, I realize you probably have done this and maybe even have a nice spreadsheet based on your post above.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

I already have a spreadsheet and I showed them it, which makes me even more annoyed as this seems very obvious to me yet I have to wait 10 business days to get a response.

The bottom line is I have about 85k in spend on one card and only have 10500 TQPs, and 56k on the other card and only have 6000 TQPs. Pretty standard stuff.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:32 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by ave1024
I have two credit cards and I have been tracking my spend to renew my A-List. Southwest gave everybody 15k TQPs earlier in the year. So by my calculations I only have to come up with $140,000 of credit card spend to hit A-List again (1500 TQPs for every $10,000 in spend will get me over the 35k TQP mark. As I know this benefit maxes out with $100,000 in spend, I am doing this spend over my personal and biz card to spread it out.

So far I have 85k in spend on one card and 56k in spend on the other. This should give me 12,000 TQPs from the first card and 7500 TQPs on the other. Southwest so far has shorted me 1500 TQPs on each card. I have no idea why or how they are coming up short. For my CP points, everything that Chase is saying they are sending on the statement matches up to the CP qualifying points that are going in my RR account. So I know they are at least getting the total points numbers correct from Chase.

I made an inquiry on twitter and they are giving me some excuse saying they need to reach out to a liasons department where they will get back to me via email in 7-10 business days. This is really lousy as we are getting close to the year and I want to stop putting charges on these two cards until the new statement year if I can. Isn't there somebody from SW that works here? @SWAVictor? I have an excel sheet that shows when I should be getting every 1500 TQP drop in my account and it seems like after June things started to screw up on both cards.

Curious if anybody noticed this. I figure most aren't getting A-List from spend but I did last year (maxed out two credit card spend plus one BS fare got me 35k TQPs). This year i dont even need to do the BS fare thanks to the 15k freebies.

Sorry for the length and TIA.
Unfortunately, this is well outside my area of expertise. I don't have the necessary tools, access to cardmember agreements, or even a basic understanding of how all of this is calculated and processed.
I assume the "liaison" mentioned is someone who works between Chase and our internal RR team to assess what may have happened. It sounds like you've already started that process.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I had this happen I few years I opened a support case with Chase denied it. I had to explain it in more detail and appeal the ruling and they found the error and corrected it (had to send the spreadsheet and all my info). This was on combo of two Chase/WN cards.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
I had this happen I few years I opened a support case with Chase denied it. I had to explain it in more detail and appeal the ruling and they found the error and corrected it (had to send the spreadsheet and all my info). This was on combo of two Chase/WN cards.
That's pretty annoying to have to deal with. They are probably confused with somebody getting points from two different credit card sources. You would think this process is automated. Did you open your case with Chase or with Southwest?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:08 am
Original Poster

I got this resolved. Somebody called me from Southwest in the CC department and was very helpful. My anniversary points were lumped in on this calculation which threw the numbers off slightly. But she also explained how to properly calculate the points coming from Chase when looking at the statement.

Basically you have to look at the line on the statement that says "points earned on all other purchases". That is the number they use for spend for calculating TQP. If you see a line for 2X points for SW or 2X points on partner purchases lines you can't add them, or even divide them in half. Basically if you make a SW purchase they place the first half of the points (the spend) on the points earned on all other purchases line and the other half goes on the bonus line. But ironically if you have a refund, she said you have to take the bonus line and subtract that number from the points earned on all other purchases line which was strange.

Any way it's good now. She seemed very helpful which was nice. Hopefully this info helps others especially given it's end of year time and people may be watching their spend.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Thank you so much for coming back with the results.

The way things are done can be confusing it appears. In the end were the numbers from CHASE/SWA correct?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Thank you so much for coming back with the results.

The way things are done can be confusing it appears. In the end were the numbers from CHASE/SWA correct?

Yes they were now that I understand how the math works. I am glad I got clarification because the original rep told me it could take as much as 30 days to see the points which really isn't the case (they appear 3-5 days after statement). Would have sucked if I decided to wait for points to come in to realize that the math was off.

The only thing that is still strange was how refunds on promotional purchases are processed where you only count those lines if they are negative numbers. So i might still be off by a few points, but nothing significant. I was previously off by close to 15k points between the two cards.
NoStressHere likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.