Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
Standby for earlier flight

tried to reply to jiburi question about standby:

per SWAVictor as long as the confirmation number doesn't change and the date is within the promo you should be okay. From an earlier post:

"Just as another data point. We know the original booking date, as well as any subsequent ticketing dates. The promotion is set up to look at the original booking date, and the travel dates."

Did you already complete the two flights and not get the promotion email?

Last edited by oceanbreeez; Oct 10, 2021 at 7:53 am Reason: this was a reply to jiburi
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Step 1 offer a promo requiring 2 paid bookings
Step 2 cancel our 5pm flight today (meltdown, 1000 flights today over 1/4 of their schedule) with no workable rebook option
Step 3 ? dishonor promo because we won't take their laughable rebooking option?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by expert7700
Step 1 offer a promo requiring 2 paid bookings
Step 2 cancel our 5pm flight today (meltdown, 1000 flights today over 1/4 of their schedule) with no workable rebook option
Step 3 ? dishonor promo because we won't take their laughable rebooking option?
Another bad few days for WN.
I would wait until a quieter day and try calling. Maybe some folks here will post their success (or failure).

Good luck - and glad we are not flying today. Have used companion pass often over past 4 years but wondering if should revert back to DL next year. gotta feel for those folks in operations dealing with this crap.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by oceanbreeez
tried to reply to jiburi question about standby:

per SWAVictor as long as the confirmation number doesn't change and the date is within the promo you should be okay. From an earlier post:

"Just as another data point. We know the original booking date, as well as any subsequent ticketing dates.The promotion is set up to look at the original booking date, and the travel dates."

Did you already complete the two flights and not get the promotion email?
registered for promo, then booked sept 7, no conf number change since booking. Qualifying flight was flown MDW-DEN-MDW on oct 2 within one rez#. did gate stand-by for return for earlier return back to mdw. no promo congrat email as of oct11.

jiburi
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:20 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by jiburi
registered for promo, then booked sept 7, no conf number change since booking. Qualifying flight was flown MDW-DEN-MDW on oct 2 within one rez#. did gate stand-by for return for earlier return back to mdw. no promo congrat email as of oct11.

jiburi
Since the pandemic started, I'm a huge abuser of same-day standby. I got the promo congrat the morning after after completion of the last qualifying flight which included same-day standby. Did you book before 8am Herb time on Sep 7? I vaguely remember there is a 8am cutoff on Sep 7 for booking too early.
oceanbreeez likes this.

Last edited by jmw; Oct 10, 2021 at 12:26 pm
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by faithng
it’s the LAX to KOA (Kona) morning flight.
With the holidays winding down, this flight shouldn't be full. I flew on a MAX from KOA to LAX in the middle of summer with only an 88 load.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
With the holidays winding down, this flight shouldn't be full. I flew on a MAX from KOA to LAX in the middle of summer with only an 88 load.
That’s great news! We just flew back from Oahu this week on a late flight and there were only sixty plus passengers on board.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
So have to change my flight. Assuming that SWAVictor is correct (and I do) What is the proper way to change things so I don't change PNR and keep qualifications.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Received my confirmation e-mail today about earning the promotional companion pass.

- Booked two, one-way tickets on 9/8
- Flew first leg on Saturday
- Flew second leg on Sunday. I did change my flight yesterday morning due to the original having delays. The change kept same reservation number and no price change.

Wanted to post this in case anyone was afraid changes would invalidate the promotion for them.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Have yet to receive my confirmation email for the promo CP.

- Booked two rev one-ways on 9/9
- Made a subsequent change to the travel date (within the promo period) keeping the same PNRs
- Flew both segments on 10/6 with one changed at the gate to an earlier flight via same-day standby

SWAVictor, appreciate if you could kindly confirm if the confirmation emails are being sent within a certain timeframe upon completion of travel or instead in waves/sweeps (i.e. every two-weeks). Don't want to call into CS unless absolutely necessary to do so. Thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:52 pm

I also have not received a confirmation email for the promo CP.

-Booked r/t flight on 9/9
-Made a change on both legs with a fare difference on 9/23 but kept the same confirmation #
-Flew first leg on Saturday (10/9)
-Flew second leg on Sunday (10/10)

Has anyone who made a change that resulted in a fare change received the confirmation email?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:47 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by chuckworth
Have yet to receive my confirmation email for the promo CP.

- Booked two rev one-ways on 9/9
- Made a subsequent change to the travel date (within the promo period) keeping the same PNRs
- Flew both segments on 10/6 with one changed at the gate to an earlier flight via same-day standby

SWAVictor, appreciate if you could kindly confirm if the confirmation emails are being sent within a certain timeframe upon completion of travel or instead in waves/sweeps (i.e. every two-weeks). Don't want to call into CS unless absolutely necessary to do so. Thank you!
If you are comfortable DMing me your RR#, I'll see if I can get any specifics about your account, as it looks like others are getting theirs fairly quickly after travel is completed.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
The original instructions stated that one would receive a confirmation email within 10 days of earning:
Marketing intends to send this email to all qualifying Members within 10 days after the second flight is completed.
That said, I flew my 2 one ways yesterday and had the confirmation email from Southwest this morning.
DallasEsq and Marko123 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
No email, could changes and standby be the reason?

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
The original instructions stated that one would receive a confirmation email within 10 days of earning:
Marketing intends to send this email to all qualifying Members within 10 days after the second flight is completed.
That said, I flew my 2 one ways yesterday and had the confirmation email from Southwest this morning.
glad you got it. I flew my second flight on 10/13 and have not received any email. Hope there is a process to follow up on ones with changes abs standby (with no change to confirmation numbers).
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:12 pm
jmw

If you want to search your email account in case it slipped by, the subject line of the email you're looking for is "You've earned Promotional Companion Pass!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.