Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Passes Are Getting More Info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Boarding Passes Are Getting More Info

I printed out a couple of boarding passes this morning, and it now lists the type of fare (Wanna Get Away, Companion, etc.) on the boarding pass. Might this be a move toward boarding by fare in the future?
LegalTender likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:35 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PHXflier
I printed out a couple of boarding passes this morning, and it now lists the type of fare (Wanna Get Away, Companion, etc.) on the boarding pass. Might this be a move toward boarding by fare in the future?
Maybe it's that. Maybe it's to help gate agents assist passengers more quickly? For instance a glance at the boarding pass would let them know if the passenger is eligible for free standby or not, or to answer basic questions without having to look up the reservation. Shave a few seconds off each interaction and presumably the same number of agents can help a few more people.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Southwest always put Business select on the BP - but didnt show my Alist Preferred.....but with WGA and Anytime the status shows.....also early boarding has always showed.

My companion always showed companion on electronic BPs - or fare X on printed BP.....

Not really much additional info just clarifying and consistent.
ursine1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.