Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule revised through Oct?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Schedule revised through Oct?

I had my reservations through Sept changed a bit with scheduled revisions. My Oct res remains the same and I want to make sure whether they've gotten to Oct updates yet or still forthcoming? Any experience? Thanks
Old May 12, 2021, 10:20 am

They haven't hit October yet
Old May 12, 2021, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by crabapplemcn
I had my reservations through Sept changed a bit with scheduled revisions. My Oct res remains the same and I want to make sure whether they've gotten to Oct updates yet or still forthcoming? Any experience? Thanks
SEP 6 is the latest they've revised
Old May 12, 2021, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HighFlyinChar
Thanks, Is there somewhere you can see how far they've revised the sched?
Old May 12, 2021, 12:03 pm

Thanks, Is there somewhere you can see how far they've revised the sched?
Not other than trial and error trying to figure out where flight schedules get massively changed. For example, one of my main routes (DCA-STL) has 1x/day direct flights on and before Sept 6 and 4x/day after that. Prior to the schedule modifications it was 4x/day throughout.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:34 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Just because August has been revised already, I wouldn't assume it's firm, I thought the recent schedule change 'finalized' through early July only. Even if flights in later July and August were changed, there will likely be changes to some flights in those months.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beckles
Just because August has been revised already, I wouldn't assume it's firm, I thought the recent schedule change 'finalized' through early July only. Even if flights in later July and August were changed, there will likely be changes to some flights in those months.
They did large-scale schedule changes through September 6th. While it may not be completely "firm" through then, it is certainly far more firm that it was previously to the large-scale changes that have already been loaded. The STL-DCA route mentioned above which went from 4x daily non-stops for the summer to 1x daily through the Sep 6th is one of many examples. It's pretty safe to say there won't be such extreme changes for flights through Sep 6th. For flights for Sep 7th and beyond (where STL-DCA is still loaded at 4x daily), you can expect there will be significant changes to come. MCI-DCA is a route closer to home for you. It was loaded at 2x daily non-stop for summer, but the restart has now been pushed back to Sep 7th with no non-stops for the summer.

Last edited by xliioper; May 16, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Old May 16, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
don’t sign off till about 7 weeks before flight date. Changes will happen.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by HighFlyinChar
I wouldn’t bet on it.

more changes will come between now and early July.
Old May 16, 2021, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djp98374
I wouldn’t bet on it.

more changes will come between now and early July.
Once again, it is matter of scale. Yes, there will still be some tweaks for summer. NO ONE is claiming the summer schedule is completely fixed in stone. All that is being said is that the bulk of changes to be made for schedule through Sep 6th have now been loaded and that further changes will be far more modest. Here's a summary of changes over last few months including most recent mass updates. This basic pattern has been going on since Covid hit with WN as well as the legacy carriers. The mass updates have typically only impacted a month at a time, but the mass updates loaded over past couple weeks went from early June through Sep 6th.

Mar 2 -- April schedule mass update -- 384 routes impacted
Mar 9 - April tweaks - 3 routes impacted
Mar 17 - April tweaks - 10 routes impacted
Mar 23 - April tweaks - 8 routes impacted
Mar 30 - May schedule mass update - 388 routes impacted
Apr 6 - Schedule extension thru Nov - 710 routes
Apr 13 - May tweaks - 10 routes impacted
Apr 20 - May tweaks - 5 routes impacted (plus EUG-LAS/OAK loaded for september)
Apr 27 - no changes
May 4 - summer mass update (Jun/Jul) - 356 routes impacted
May 11 - summer mass update (Jul/Aug) - 384 routes impacted
ursine1 likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 16, 2021 at 8:21 pm
Old May 16, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM; HH Gold; IHG Platinum
They've recently made some changes to LAS and DEN past September 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.