Confusing email for changed flight

Old May 3, 21, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
Confusing email for changed flight

Need some help on this one. I and my companion received emails indicating that our mid-July flight from Dallas to Indianapolis has been changed. Problem is, we were scheduled on a non-stop from Houston to Milwaukee. Thankfully, later in the email it shows the new flight with a connection at BNA to MKE, with no mention of Dallas or Indianapolis. The new flight arrives near midnight, much too late for my companion and me, Since our goal to be on the 7:15 pm non-stop flight seemed unattainable (it being the only non-stop from HOU that day,) I checked to rebook and see that our original nonstop is still on the schedule with WGA availability on 7/16 (??) Now I have to call in. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by acasteve; May 3, 21 at 6:14 am
Old May 3, 21, 6:18 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
99.9% chance the nonstop you were removed from goes away in the next day or 3.

I've seen schedule removals progress by them sending email notifications as they get around to rebooking people on other flights. Family on different PNRs get emails at different times which suggests it is mostly a manual process.
​​​​​​
My theory until proven otherwise is that only after they get the last person moved, a batch runs to finally remove the flight for sale. Changing folks like OP who had bought a nonstop are likely easier for them than customers with no other suitable same day connection, or for onward crew schedules/commutes.

//A while back I used a free change to move myself back to the still-on-schedule flight. That really messed things up as somehow when they moved me a second time, my points booking turned into a "cash" booking that was booked with a non existent $ equivalent instead of points...
synergistic and acasteve like this.
Old May 3, 21, 7:58 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Wait one day to see what the changes are.

Do not try to figure out the email. They are very confusing.

Go online and see what the best flights are for you. Then do a change which should be at no charge.
acasteve and synergistic like this.
Old May 4, 21, 2:01 am

Those emails are a mess; impossible to interpret.

I think there was someone from Southwest IT on here a few months ago saying they're working on it.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 4, 21, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by acasteve View Post
Need some help on this one. I and my companion received emails indicating that our mid-July flight from Dallas to Indianapolis has been changed. Problem is, we were scheduled on a non-stop from Houston to Milwaukee. Has this happened to anyone else?
I have the same issue all the time. Are you using a Gmail account for your email? Southwest I.T. has an issue when these emails go to a Gmail account. Gmail displays the wrong segment of the correct flight number. I would suggest logging into the Southwest website and checking your flight info there if you don't want to call Southwest.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 4, 21, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
Just got a second gmail email changing my return flight from MKE to HOU, Just a reasonable time change, though. Again the header itinerary indicates my flight from SAN to SFO has been changed. Go figure.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 4, 21, 6:10 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
LOL just ran into this. Same flight number, but they listed Tulsa instead of HOU/SAN... definitely confused me!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: