Being A List Pays Off (Low Boarding Number)

Old Apr 30, 21, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Being A List Pays Off (Low Boarding Number)

I'm flying BWI-TPA on the 9:20 AM 737 MAX8 tomorrow. I'm traveling with two of my brothers. All three of us checked in at T-24 (technically T23:57 for me)

Brother One: B48
Brother Two: C1
Me: A16

Thank you, A-List. Sadly I think at least one of them is ending up in a middle.
Old Apr 30, 21, 2:11 pm

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I'm flying BWI-TPA on the 9:20 AM 737 MAX8 tomorrow. I'm traveling with two of my brothers. All three of us checked in at T-24 (technically T23:57 for me)

So being a good brother, are you going to give up your seat to one of them or save a entire row for all of you?
Old Apr 30, 21, 4:24 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bobnchi View Post
So being a good brother, are you going to give up your seat to one of them or save a entire row for all of you?
We know he's not a good brother since he didn't just buy their tickets on his reservation so they would have been checked in with him.
ursine1 and synergistic like this.
Old Apr 30, 21, 4:42 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Exactly. As an A List Prefered, thanks to last year's boost, I am now getting me and SO (The Companion Pass Holder) in the low A's, while brother doesn't even bother checking in on time. He knows we save him his isle seat in the exit row by just placing our butts in the isle and window. By the time he boards I just move to the middle. But yes, it does pay of to be A Lister ...

So be a good brother and save them the entire row !!! better to have your brother on your middle seat than a total stranger.
Old Apr 30, 21, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Exactly. As an A List Prefered, thanks to last year's boost, I am now getting me and SO (The Companion Pass Holder) in the low A's, while brother doesn't even bother checking in on time. He knows we save him his isle seat in the exit row by just placing our butts in the isle and window. By the time he boards I just move to the middle. But yes, it does pay of to be A Lister ...

So be a good brother and save them the entire row !!! better to have your brother on your middle seat than a total stranger.
Or... avoid seat saving by just buying his ticket on your reservation so he will be checked in with you.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 3, 21, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bobnchi View Post
I got 12A on the 73G (aircraft swap) and a large gentleman sat in 12C and neither of them wanted the middle. The upshot was I got the unlimited legroom seat with the only empty middle on the plane

Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
We know he's not a good brother since he didn't just buy their tickets on his reservation so they would have been checked in with him.
They didn't want to pay the cash price and wanted to use points. They had their chance!
steved5480 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 21, 8:37 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post

On a MAX8 or an "800" someone with a low C could very well avoid the dreaded middle seat as opposed to a "700".
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: