FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Being A List Pays Off (Low Boarding Number) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2039097-being-list-pays-off-low-boarding-number.html)

CMK10 Apr 30, 2021 1:44 pm

Being A List Pays Off (Low Boarding Number)

I'm flying BWI-TPA on the 9:20 AM 737 MAX8 tomorrow. I'm traveling with two of my brothers. All three of us checked in at T-24 (technically T23:57 for me)

Brother One: B48
Brother Two: C1
Me: A16

Thank you, A-List. Sadly I think at least one of them is ending up in a middle.

bobnchi Apr 30, 2021 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 33217206)
I'm flying BWI-TPA on the 9:20 AM 737 MAX8 tomorrow. I'm traveling with two of my brothers. All three of us checked in at T-24 (technically T23:57 for me)

So being a good brother, are you going to give up your seat to one of them or save a entire row for all of you? ;)

Beckles Apr 30, 2021 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobnchi (Post 33217253)
So being a good brother, are you going to give up your seat to one of them or save a entire row for all of you? ;)

We know he's not a good brother since he didn't just buy their tickets on his reservation so they would have been checked in with him. :p

carlitos Apr 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Exactly. As an A List Prefered, thanks to last year's boost, I am now getting me and SO (The Companion Pass Holder) in the low A's, while brother doesn't even bother checking in on time. He knows we save him his isle seat in the exit row by just placing our butts in the isle and window. By the time he boards I just move to the middle. But yes, it does pay of to be A Lister ...

So be a good brother and save them the entire row !!! better to have your brother on your middle seat than a total stranger.

ursine1 Apr 30, 2021 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 33217551)
Exactly. As an A List Prefered, thanks to last year's boost, I am now getting me and SO (The Companion Pass Holder) in the low A's, while brother doesn't even bother checking in on time. He knows we save him his isle seat in the exit row by just placing our butts in the isle and window. By the time he boards I just move to the middle. But yes, it does pay of to be A Lister ...

So be a good brother and save them the entire row !!! better to have your brother on your middle seat than a total stranger.

Or... avoid seat saving by just buying his ticket on your reservation so he will be checked in with you. ;)

CMK10 May 3, 2021 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by bobnchi (Post 33217253)

I got 12A on the 73G (aircraft swap) and a large gentleman sat in 12C and neither of them wanted the middle. The upshot was I got the unlimited legroom seat with the only empty middle on the plane :cool:

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 33217521)
We know he's not a good brother since he didn't just buy their tickets on his reservation so they would have been checked in with him. :p

They didn't want to pay the cash price and wanted to use points. They had their chance!

Loose Cannon Jun 20, 2021 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 33217206)

On a MAX8 or an "800" someone with a low C could very well avoid the dreaded middle seat as opposed to a "700".