Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Refund or TTF Extension After Schedule Change?

Old Apr 26, 21, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Just received one of the dreaded schedule change emails. Departure was bumped 5 mins later and arrival was bumped 2:35 later. The new arrival time is too late, and Southwest only has 1 other flight option that day that arrives early enough, but it's less than ideal. I'd like to cancel and just take a non-stop on another airline with an ideal time. The funds expire 8/28 and I don't have any other travel planned before then. Is it possible to get a refund or extension on the fund expiration date in this case? Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 21, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by usflyer16 View Post
Just received one of the dreaded schedule change emails. Departure was bumped 5 mins later and arrival was bumped 2:35 later. The new arrival time is too late, and Southwest only has 1 other flight option that day that arrives early enough, but it's less than ideal. I'd like to cancel and just take a non-stop on another airline with an ideal time. The funds expire 8/28 and I don't have any other travel planned before then. Is it possible to get a refund or extension on the fund expiration date in this case? Thanks!
Since Southwest changed your flight you can request a refund, which will be issued in the original form of payment. If you used travel funds, unfortunately you're stuck with travel funds, and with the original expiration date. (If they were very close to expiration you might get CR to reissue as a voucher without fee.) If you used a credit card it'll go back on the card used.
Old Apr 26, 21, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Since Southwest changed your flight you can request a refund, which will be issued in the original form of payment. If you used travel funds, unfortunately you're stuck with travel funds, and with the original expiration date. (If they were very close to expiration you might get CR to reissue as a voucher without fee.) If you used a credit card it'll go back on the card used.
Thanks for the response. Just called and your response is basically what they said; either take the travel funds with original expiration or they said I could pay the $100 fee to extend after they expire. I'm still hoping they'll give another chance to extend the expiration of travel funds as some of the other airlines have, but obviously that's far from a guarantee.
Old Apr 26, 21, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by usflyer16 View Post
Thanks for the response. Just called and your response is basically what they said; either take the travel funds with original expiration or they said I could pay the $100 fee to extend after they expire. I'm still hoping they'll give another chance to extend the expiration of travel funds as some of the other airlines have, but obviously that's far from a guarantee.
In my opinion it's not going to happen.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: