Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie A-list question

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
A-List positions are assigned somewhere between 36 and 24 hours before departure. (FYI, in case you're not aware, A-Listers who receive a B or above position can board at the end of the A group.)
I was not aware. In this case, do you mention to the gate attendant prior to boarding that you are A-List but have a B assignment?
Old May 23, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jiminycricket
I was not aware. In this case, do you mention to the gate attendant prior to boarding that you are A-List but have a B assignment?
No - you just board - they will see the a-list if they even care.

I have only used this once, but I have heard some A-listers just get into line after A-60 and board before any announcement.
Old May 23, 2021, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere

I have only used this once, but I have heard some A-listers just get into line after A-60 and board before any announcement.
In the few occasions I've had to do that I just lined up behind A-60 and told the OA I was A-List and flash my BP. It's worked every time.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; May 25, 2021 at 9:46 am
Old May 24, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
As another DP, i never buy BS and only get AT if I have no choice- but I'm flying all the time and almost always get A16-20 (ironically enough, as I don't like lines and standing around so I wait for the "A16-30" call to get up and board after A-30).
Old May 24, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
As another DP, i never buy BS and only get AT if I have no choice- but I'm flying all the time and almost always get A16-20 (ironically enough, as I don't like lines and standing around so I wait for the "A16-30" call to get up and board after A-30).
Seat selection is not much different at a-20 vs a-30, unless you want exit rows. Otherwise, even A60 will still get an aisle if wanted. Or window.
Old May 25, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by NoStressHere

They ALWAYS announce it. A-List, A-List Preferred, and Business Select passengers who did not otherwise get an A boarding pass. Families traveling with small children. Active duty military members in uniform. The only variance on this is whether they put the words "followed by" between the A-List list and families. Some gate agents do, some don't.

I've boarded this way many times. I'm standby, and I have a really crappy boarding position so this is my best option.
Air Houston likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.