Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

DAL Multi-Month Runway Closure Starts April 27, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DAL Multi-Month Runway Closure Starts April 27, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2021, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
Makes me wonder what San Diego (KSAN) is going to do when its time comes? Move the flights to Tijuana and bus us across the boarder?
I hope we get to walk across the border and go through customs so I can relive a college roadtrip experience.
Old May 2, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Mid-day Herb Time Sunday May 2nd, 2021

https://www.fly.faa.gov/adv/adv_othe...eDate=05/02/21
Old May 2, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by steved5480
Mid-day Herb Time Sunday May 2nd, 2021

https://www.fly.faa.gov/adv/adv_othe...eDate=05/02/21
Doh! it seemed like every time I would fly out on a Sunday for a business trip for an easier week, I'd always run into something / some delay negating the purpose of leaving early...
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
DAL runway closure impacting anyone else?

Got impacted by the DAL runway closure on 10/3/21 flight from AUS to DAL. Left gate early at AUS and sat on tarmac and into DAL a little late.

Recall something similar a few months go doing a LGA to DAL flight.

Any one else getting with with delays into/ out of DAL due to the run way issue? Wondering if I should stick to AA in DFW till this is done.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:13 pm

A common occurrence.

I have flown 2 flights from Houston to Dallas in the past week, last Monday and today and have been hit with 1 hour runway delays both times due to DAL runway issues.

It's starting to become a trend with HOU to DAL trips.

​​​​​
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Originally Posted by psdave73
I have flown 2 flights from Houston to Dallas in the past week, last Monday and today and have been hit with 1 hour runway delays both times due to DAL runway issues.
It's starting to become a trend with HOU to DAL trips.​​​​​
Its too much of a trend with AUS-DAL flights too... 30" wait to take off from Bergstrom is not uncommon, due to congestion at Love. Plus, they have these flights routinely scheduled at an hour, which leaves a lot of cushion for delays. Of course, in more advanced countries you wouldn't even bother flying these short flights such as AUS-DAL or HOU-DAL, just hop a high speed train running every hour or so.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:56 pm

How is it that SAN can function with a single runway, but DAL which handles probably less than half the traffic is struggling
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
How is it that SAN can function with a single runway, but DAL which handles probably less than half the traffic is struggling
In the last pre-covid full year of operations 2019, SAN had 231,354 takeoffs and landings, DAL had 231,979 takeoffs and landings. Now that's a horse race!
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Thank you for this information. I often got through DAL on my way to and from OKC, and that is work related travel in January and March. I will use AA or choose flights that avoid DAL if I fly WN during that time.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by screeton
Of course, in more advanced countries you wouldn't even bother flying these short flights such as AUS-DAL or HOU-DAL, just hop a high speed train running every hour or so.
I haven't lived in TX for ages now but in the 1990s they tried for the high speed rail link and the airline and petro lobby convinced the farmers not to sell them the land or something like that.

I heard there is an attempt at a take 2 in the 21st century as Texas has become much more hip and happening. Let's see...
screeton likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
I haven't lived in Texas for ages either, for a variety of reasons, but we do still go visit there frequently. I hope that Texas does jump on the high speed rail idea - DAL-AUS-SAT, DAL-HOU, HOU-SAT would all be game changers, and would allow SWA to redeploy some assets to longer-haul more lucrative routes. However, I don't really want Amtrak running the railroad... couldn't SWA expand into multi-modal markets? They were the first with frequent air schedules intrastate in Texas, why not be on the cutting edge again? I think SWA colors would look just about right on Texas bullet trains.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, WN, Hyatt, HHonors, Avis Pref+
Originally Posted by screeton
I think SWA colors would look just about right on Texas bullet trains.
England had an aptly named operator until a few years ago. If you search Google images, the livery is what you're looking for, not a bullet train though

​​​​​
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_Trains
screeton likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.