Will SW cancel double booking?

Old Apr 12, 21, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Will SW cancel double booking?

Hi, I know SW can cancel 1 of 2 bookings for same day. What about 2 1-way flights 1 day apart? Same 2 airports. Did this several times many years ago and would be really useful this summer.
thanks for advice.
Old Apr 12, 21, 7:34 pm

In your case I believe your fine as long as they are on different dates, only problem might be if you arrive in first arrival city beyond midnight and are scheduled to depart first thing in the morning still in original city, there is another thread which talks about these type of cancellations that might be worth reading.

SW System Auto Cancelling Duplicate Flights, etc
nsx and ursine1 like this.
Old Apr 12, 21, 9:01 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
I hsve had a one day apart cancelled. reinstated twice by calling, then they finally put a note that I would be flying both days (as a companion pass mileage run).

a family member had a more interesting cancellation.... flight to hawaii auto cancelled. CA said because it wasn't feasible to land on the east coast in the evening they fly from the West Coast to Hawaii early the next morning. They were careful to not overlap dates or routes. Thia was a but several weeks back, they were unsure if the Hawaii (Maui) retest or quarantine would stay in effect and wanted to have a backup option.
Old Apr 13, 21, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for quick response.

Just booked flights going 2 days apart. 1 flight home. All booked 1 way so should be safe.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 21, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Susan4 View Post
Just booked flights going 2 days apart. 1 flight home. All booked 1 way so should be safe.
Booking them as 1-ways doesn't make it any safer from auto-cancel (and all NW flights should be booked as 1-ways anyway, with rare exceptions).
Old Apr 13, 21, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The easy solution to this is to call customer service and to ask them to add notes to both PNR's. Nobody knows for sure and with the uptick in traffic there is the risk that by the time you do call to ask for reinstatement, the seats are gone.

So much easier just to call and be certain.
Old Apr 13, 21, 4:52 pm

Two one-way flights 2 days apart won't trigger the auto-duplicate-cancel sweep.

Do not call. In general, calling would only be helpful if you had a legitimate double-booking; a case where you were actually planning on taking both flights.
Old Apr 13, 21, 6:15 pm

Right? And what are you even going to say on the call..."I want to fly there twice but only come back once"?
birdiedouble and ursine1 like this.
Old Apr 13, 21, 6:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
Right? And what are you even going to say on the call..."I want to fly there twice but only come back once"?
This is FT. Iíve seen many crazier plans posted here.
Often1 and ursine1 like this.
Old Apr 13, 21, 6:49 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Suggest you review this thread: SW System Auto Cancelling Duplicate Flights, etc
Old Apr 13, 21, 6:49 pm
Suspended

What you are supposed to say is all WN cares about, e.g., that you have booked both segments with the intent to fly them. WN doesn't really care about the reasons, it simply cares that you are not "spoiling" saleable inventory.
Old Apr 13, 21, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
Suggest you review this thread: SW System Auto Cancelling Duplicate Flights, etc
Post #2.
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Apr 13, 21, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
What you are supposed to say is all WN cares about, e.g., that you have booked both segments with the intent to fly them. WN doesn't really care about the reasons, it simply cares that you are not "spoiling" saleable inventory.
Presumably the OP does not intend to fly both. If so, I suspect it would be bad advice to have notes added to your account stressing that you intended to fly a flight you end up canceling.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Apr 14, 21, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Presumably the OP does not intend to fly both. If so, I suspect it would be bad advice to have notes added to your account stressing that you intended to fly a flight you end up canceling.
Then he should do nothing and just hope. Nobody here can give a concrete answer,
Old Apr 14, 21, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Then he should do nothing and just hope. Nobody here can give a concrete answer,
Post #7.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: