Travel Funds Available Email!

Old Apr 5, 21, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: LTP, PP
Travel Funds Available Email!

I'm speechless. Thought 99% it was a phishing scam...

Subject Title: Important email alert: your travel funds balance needs attention.

Hello Joshua,

You have available Travel Funds as of 3/18/2021. They're all yours to use toward your next flight, and we want to make sure you get your credit. Plus, we really can't wait to see you onboard. Here's how to check and use your Travel Funds. Let's go!Visit Southwest.com and log in.

In My Account, you'll see Travel Funds Available and your balance. Click view details > and note your canceled flight confirmation number(s), you'll need those numbers.

Have your canceled flight confirmation number(s), available in My Account and in your flight cancellation email.

On Southwest.com, book a flight. At the Passenger & Payment info page, expand Apply Travel Funds, LUV Vouchers, and gift cards, and enter canceled flight confirmation number(s), Passenger first and last name. Click Apply funds.

If your Travel Funds don't cover the total amount, it's no problem. You can combine up to 3 payment methods.

Check Travel Funds balance, fly by expiration dates, and confirmation numbers:

Apply Travel Funds towards a new ticket purchase:
Old Apr 5, 21, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G (via AX Plt), MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I also got this and had the same reaction as you did, especially since I used up the last of my travel funds a couple weeks ago.
Old Apr 5, 21, 12:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN CP, CLEAR, AS MVPG75K, Covid-19
Came here to ditto this (esp. as I keep making and changing multiple plans and have several hundred bucks in TTFs) and the Subject made it seem something had gone wrong with them. What were you thinking, WN?!
Old Apr 5, 21, 2:16 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist Lite; United Club ex-Lifetime Member
I have some travel funds but I didn't get an email from Southwest. I wonder how they targeted this.
MSP_Monopoly likes this.
Old Apr 5, 21, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kennycrudup View Post
Came here to ditto this (esp. as I keep making and changing multiple plans and have several hundred bucks in TTFs) and the Subject made it seem something had gone wrong with them. What were you thinking, WN?!
Indeed. Especially since I only have about $200 worth and they won't expire until December 2021. I guess the reminder is nice, unexpected and out of character but they make it seem like the sky is falling!
Old Apr 6, 21, 8:00 am

DO you have any expiring soon?
Old Apr 6, 21, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
I do not. I have $200 expiring late December 2021 and another $200 expiring early January 2022, just double checked my records and now its even listed in "My Account" to the penny. Another unbelievable innovation I could have used years ago!
nsx likes this.

Last edited by joshua362; Apr 6, 21 at 4:32 pm Reason: FIXED DATE TYPO
Old Apr 6, 21, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
I do not. I have $200 expiring late December 2020 and another $200 expiring early January 2021, just double checked my records and now its even listed in "My Account" to the penny. Another unbelievable innovation I could have used years ago!
they shoukd have expired by now..Iím assuming you entered the wrong date years
joshua362 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 21, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374 View Post
they shoukd have expired by now..I’m assuming you entered the wrong date years
I did, thank you for pointing that out, I'm all mixed up...
Old Apr 6, 21, 5:50 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G (via AX Plt), MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
All of the TTFs I had were expiring September 2022...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: