Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3+ Month Promotional A-List

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Most, if not all Southwest promotions require you to book the flights after the promotion starts. Most companies do this. They offer promotions for you to give them more money.
I thought you could add a companion to a reservation booked prior to achieving companion status
Edited to add The option to purchase EBCI disappeared from my reservation after registering promotional a list offer. That suggests some a list perks apply to existing reservations
screeton likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by lewisc
I thought you could add a companion to a reservation booked prior to achieving companion status
You can...
Old Apr 3, 2021, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by lewisc
IEdited to add The option to purchase EBCI disappeared from my reservation after registering promotional a list offer. That suggests some a list perks apply to existing reservations
Because A-List can’t purchase EBCI

The point is, you can’t “qualify” for a promotion with previously booked flights. Once you meet the flight qualifications for a promotion, your new status applies for previously booked flights
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Because A-List can’t purchase EBCI
Interestingly, I am trying to buy tickets for a round trip in October, long after this promotion ends. As a temporary A-list member, I can't purchase EBCI.... Apparently it blocks me out of buying EBCI for flights even after the promotion ends because at the current time I am A-list, even if only temporarily.

Not a huge problem, just an annoyance. I only get EBCI for my return flights (because I usually don't have a way to check in at T-24 when I am traveling) but it sounds like I'll have to wait two more months before I can log back on as a "non-A-List" member and buy EBCI for one flight in October.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
So I tried using A-list "Standby" benefit for prior booked reservations, and it worked like a charm. Each time I check with the gate agent for an earlier flight, agent would take my name, and call me up to the podium when he/she was able to confirm me for the flight. Tho, I'm sure most A-list members know this, the routing do not need to be the same as the original routing. For my Denver to Seattle flight VIA Oakland flight, I was able to change to a non-stop flight PLUS, what baffles me is, they refunded the previously paid OAK airport fees as a credit voucher.

For my second trial, I was originally booked on a 9pm flight DEN SEA. I was able to standby and get a boarding pass for an earlier 11am flight.

Points posted, did indeed reflect 25% bonus, for reservation made before I registered for this A-list promo..

Jiburi
happymommy and Air Houston like this.

Last edited by jiburi; Apr 9, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Old May 6, 2021, 8:57 am

Promotional A-list status

I don't see an active topic on this; I received an email, presume it's targeted. Subject: [rove312], A-list status is all yours.

We're excited to offer you our A-List status travel benefits. A-List makes getting to your destination even easier. All you need to do is register and when you travel through June 30, 2021, you'll enjoy the advantages of A-List.

Priority boarding* for everyone on your reservation •
25% points bonus on qualified flights •
Same-day standby** •
Priority check-in and security lane access***
Register now to enjoy A-List status on travel through June 30, 2021. We look forward to seeing you onboard, on the A-List, soon!
I haven't flown WN in three years. Was CP in 2016-17.
Old May 6, 2021, 9:16 am

I think thats a new round, a previous round went around March or April, still a awesome deal!!
Old May 6, 2021, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Same June 30 date the promotional A-List closes, so it looks like the same offer.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:26 pm

For those who booked prior to registration of the promo, were you automatically checked in @ T-36 with a typical A-List boarding number (A16 and slightly higher)? With all of the comped A-Listers from the two rounds of the offer, I wonder how boarding numbers will be affected, if flights previously-booked (prior to promo registration) will have A-List benefits.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
For those who booked prior to registration of the promo, were you automatically checked in @ T-36 with a typical A-List boarding number (A16 and slightly higher)? With all of the comped A-Listers from the two rounds of the offer, I wonder how boarding numbers will be affected, if flights previously-booked (prior to promo registration) will have A-List benefits.
nope, mine is A35
Old May 6, 2021, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
nope, mine is A35
On flights heavy with business customers, my A- boarding position has sometimes placed me in A30s. Did you check in at T-24 and get A35?
Did your boarding pass have the A-List notation?

Thanks for the feedback.
ursine1 likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 10:37 am

Flew today with my Companion wife who previously had no status. Booked the flight on 3/17. Registered her for the A-List promo on 3/26. Her paper boarding pass said A-List today
mke9499 likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Flew today with my Companion wife who previously had no status. Booked the flight on 3/17. Registered her for the A-List promo on 3/26. Her paper boarding pass said A-List today
What sort of boarding number did you get?
Old May 8, 2021, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
What sort of boarding number did you get?
I got A-17, she got A-18
Old May 8, 2021, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
i got a-17, she got a-18
bingo bingo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.