Wiki Posts
Search

3+ Month Promotional A-List

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by synergistic
But apparently 21 flights booked is too many =p
Well, with 21 flights you will be A listed in no time... On that note, 14 is not too many, at least in my case .
synergistic likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by PHXflier
Well, with 21 flights you will be A listed in no time... On that note, 14 is not too many, at least in my case .
That was the plan! Only the first 15 are cash =)
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:23 am

I wonder Southwest will refund EBCI fees if any of the promotional A listers purchased it for applicable flights.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by lewisc
I wonder Southwest will refund EBCI fees if any of the promotional A listers purchased it for applicable flights.
Why would they do that?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by lewisc
I don't follow it religiously but I've never heard of EBCI refund unless the flight is cancelled. That is one reason I do not normally purchase EBCI until a week or so before the flight. And yes, that means a worse number... but more than offset by the number of flights I change or cancel.
synergistic likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by m907
Why would they do that?
It doesn't affect me. Pax couldn't have anticipated A List promotion. A listers are assigned boarding positions prior to EBCI pax. A listers can't purchase EBCI.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If I was WN I would offer anyone that asked an option:

A) Remove the A-list and keep the EBCI in place
or
B) Leave everything alone

(was that a bit rough.. need more coffee)
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
If I was WN I would offer anyone that asked an option:

A) Remove the A-list and keep the EBCI in place
or
B) Leave everything alone

(was that a bit rough.. need more coffee)
Presumably the promotion is designed to generate goodwill and increase pax loyalty.

Will either option do that.
A Basically remove a free perk and give the pax an inferior boarding position.
B Keep the $ for a benefit which is no longer applicable

Option C Tell the pax there isn't a system to refund the fee and give the pax a handful of drink vouchers
Option D give the pax voucher or RR points

Refunding EBCI fees, assuming the system allows for it is the only option which retains the goodwill generated by offering a list status.

I took advantage of A list promotion but haven't purchased EBCI for any scheduled flights.

I have global entry and get TSA pre. I rarely see much of a line for self service bag check.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:05 pm

Option E) Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
NoStressHere, Boraxo and screeton like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
I registered, so I am now A-List for the first time ever! Woo hoo!! Maybe I should try and get a membership card with "A-List" printed on it but I don't see the option to even print a card anymore...
The T&C state:

Promotional A-List status confirmation typically takes place within 72 hours of registration. Log in to your account at Southwest.com® to verify your promotional A-List status. During the Promotional Time Period you will not receive an A-List card, but you will receive all A-List status benefits on all flights booked after registering when you provide your Rapid Rewards account number in your reservation
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
The T&C state:
What is the use of a card anyway?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:33 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
When it arrives I add it to my collection.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Swag, mostly. So I can whip out my A-List card as I trample all over the little people. "Don't you know who I am?"
Bluesman62 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
So... interpreting the text exactly as written, it suggests that reservations made before someone registered for this promotional A-list are not included? If that is the case, its worth very little. We book trips far in advance, and rebooking to gain A-list now would mean more points or more $$$, neither of which we are inclined to give up for a temporary perk. Hopefully we are misinterpreting, and any flight taken after A-list will get the A-list perk if the res number is attached to the Rapid Reward account number that received the A-list perk.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by screeton
So... interpreting the text exactly as written, it suggests that reservations made before someone registered for this promotional A-list are not included? If that is the case, its worth very little. We book trips far in advance, and rebooking to gain A-list now would mean more points or more $$$, neither of which we are inclined to give up for a temporary perk. Hopefully we are misinterpreting, and any flight taken after A-list will get the A-list perk if the res number is attached to the Rapid Reward account number that received the A-list perk.
Most, if not all Southwest promotions require you to book the flights after the promotion starts. Most companies do this. They offer promotions for you to give them more money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.