Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN pilot (apparently?) in obscene rant on plane radio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN pilot (apparently?) in obscene rant on plane radio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
The FAA could suspend medical certification if they suspect that a pilot no longer meets the mental requirements as prescribed in 14 CFR Part 67.107.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Get FIRED?

This is really getting old. The common response to anyone acting human these days is to FIRE THEM. Are all these people that suggest firing that perfect in their lives?

Geez.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't be a man if you aren't rolling coal?
Or smoke the same cigarettes as me?
This guy's an idiot. And he's so triggered that just being in an airplane at an airport in California sends him off? Pretty unhinged.
Maybe this is your ideal pilot. I'll take Sully.
Tanic, CZBB and Peter T. like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samwise6222
probably because it may impact passenger safety?

the pilot of 4U9525 was an ordinary pilot who had no trouble taking off and landing - until the day he snapped and decided to crash into a mountain.
I d rather see ppl vent in private (or so he thought) than bottle it up and then go all out nuts... whether he rants about liberals, republicans, exes or weather is irrelevant - ppl need an outlet for stress relief..
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Get FIRED?

This is really getting old. The common response to anyone acting human these days is to FIRE THEM. Are all these people that suggest firing that perfect in their lives?

Geez.
If I worked for a company, and I publicly dissed my largest customer base (California), I have no doubt 'd be fired instantly.
Peter T. and rickg523 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Originally Posted by CZBB
If I worked for a company, and I publicly dissed my largest customer base (California), I have no doubt 'd be fired instantly.
Not if you worked for a union as strong as the Pilot's Unions...
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by braddqq
Hoping they fire this pilot and he is banned from flying anywhere again. I wouldn't want this hate-filled bully flying a plane I am on....
Oh yea! They should totally fire the guy and ruin his life because he thought and said something you don't like! That makes sense!
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747-800i
Oh yea! They should totally fire the guy and ruin his life because he thought and said something you don't like! That makes sense!
About as much sense as what happened to Colin Kaepernick or Jamie Riley or Lisa Durdin or Wade Churchill or Peter Daza to name a few.
​​​​​​​It's a grand American tradition, and not even close to exclusively a liberal one.
Peter T. likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by PAX62
Not if you worked for a union as strong as the Pilot's Unions...
I doubt the union will be able to do very much with a completely documented, willful violation of 14 CFR 121.542. If SWA decides to fire him, I think he'll stay fired.

On another forum, a pilot reported that earlier today a SWA flight, talking to Oakland Center, included a, "How ya doing?" in their transmission. Reportedly, the controller responded with, "Doing good. Going to wash my Hyundai this afternoon!"
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rickg523
About as much sense as what happened to Colin Kaepernick or Jamie Riley or Lisa Durdin or Wade Churchill or Peter Daza to name a few.
It's a grand American tradition, and not even close to exclusively a liberal one.
Kaepernick doesn't have a job because he's not a good QB. No idea who those other people even are.
joshua362 and m907 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by LarryJ
On another forum, a pilot reported that earlier today a SWA flight, talking to Oakland Center, included a, "How ya doing?" in their transmission. Reportedly, the controller responded with, "Doing good. Going to wash my Hyundai this afternoon!"
Brilliant!

Though given that the old Bay TRACON on the field at OAK has been consolidated with several other approach facilities and moved to the hinterlands of Sac (I think it's now on/near the field at MHR), I bet there are quite a few controllers there at NCT who enjoy rolling coal more than driving Hyundais! (ZOA is still located in Fremont though)
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by PAX62
Meh...he will get slapped with some remedial training since it escalated to the FAA in violation of the sterile cockpit rule and PR embarrassment for WN then they can say they did something to address it but thanks to the Pilot's Union he is not going anywhere.

If that is what he got caught sayin ON a hot mic wonder what else he says off mic!...sure hope he doesn't fly into SFO!
I find it odd that you'd sarcastically thank the Pilots union for not overreacting to some guy ranting while not doing anything unsafe. The fact that there are people who think he should be fired for a hot mic incident is exactly why I am grateful for a union. Similarly, there are parts of this country I abhor, but to imply my (or his) disdain would translate to terrorist action? I hope that was hyperbole.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Slap on the wrist for no sterile cockpit beneath 10,000 feet but otherwise move on. I may be young but I really don't get this obsession with trying to get everyone fired/homeless.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:28 pm

The FAA will check that the CVR began to operate - no later - than the start of the preflight checklist. Southwest will have more to scrutinize, if it doesn't already.

Does it engage automatically or does the crew push a button?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Does it engage automatically or does the crew push a button?
It is running whenever the aircraft is powered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.