New Boarding Process?

Old Mar 16, 21, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

New Boarding Process?

I am currently on FL 433 fron MSY to ATL. Boarding was handled in the old way A1-30 A31-60. There was a Manager at the gate I've known of years. He said they were trying to get back to normal.
Old Mar 16, 21, 4:30 pm

Boarding reverted to the pre-covid procedure on Monday. Crew were informed of this change last Friday.
Old Mar 16, 21, 5:34 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium
Are people lining up? It was kind of a cluster a couple of weeks ago at BWI with some people lining up & others standing around the gate area.
Old Mar 16, 21, 5:38 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Next step is BOOZE? Yea... I know there is another thread asking about this.
Old Mar 16, 21, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
Starting today you can get Coke, Diet Coke, and 7Up on flights over 250 miles, ordered through the in-flight entertainment portal. No booze. Yet.
Old Mar 16, 21, 9:16 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
I am currently on FL 433 fron MSY to ATL.
Thought you were in a time warp on airTran.
jjbiv, kennycrudup and HPN-HRL like this.
Old Mar 16, 21, 9:21 pm

my next flight is early may, booze would be welcome!
Old Mar 16, 21, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Starting today you can get Coke, Diet Coke, and 7Up on flights over 250 miles, ordered through the in-flight entertainment portal. No booze. Yet.
ft is where you will hear it first.
Old Mar 16, 21, 9:56 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
How have they been boarding with Covid? I haven’t been on a plane since Mar 14, 2020. Going to start flying again on a regular basis at the end of the month, got that vaccine now!
Air Houston likes this.
Old Mar 16, 21, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by ALARISstl View Post
How have they been boarding with Covid? I havenít been on a plane since Mar 14, 2020. Going to start flying again on a regular basis at the end of the month, got that vaccine now!
Ten at a time. The stanchions had temp placards with 1-5 on one side and 6-10 on the other, instead of 1-5/6-10/etc.
Old Mar 17, 21, 6:40 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Read the FIRST post. They are changing what has been the norm for months - almost a year.

So, what they did last week does not apply to upcoming trips.
Old Mar 17, 21, 7:35 am

Read the FIRST post. They are changing what has been the norm for months - almost a year.

So, what they did last week does not apply to upcoming trips.
We're still allowed to reference it. In his Monday interview GK re-committed to Southwest policy:

"So until the pandemic is over, yes, we should absolutely continue to physically distance as much as we can and wear a mask as much as we can."
Old Mar 17, 21, 1:15 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Makes perfect sense to go back to the crowded boarding arrangement, doesn't it? I guess GK subscribes to the pandemic diagnosis provided by his governor, Greg Abbott.... go back to normal and to heck with the consequences. That will either help prove that it is indeed over, or help put us in another spike where we lose much of the progress we have made.

Its a bit amazing at the number of FT members who seem to require booze on a flight. Its really not that scary, guys.
Old Mar 17, 21, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by screeton View Post
Makes perfect sense to go back to the crowded boarding arrangement, doesn't it? I guess GK subscribes to the pandemic diagnosis provided by his governor, Greg Abbott.... go back to normal and to heck with the consequences. That will either help prove that it is indeed over, or help put us in another spike where we lose much of the progress we have made.

Its a bit amazing at the number of FT members who seem to require booze on a flight. Its really not that scary, guys.
I hear you, but at the end of the day if they're about to cram onto a fully booked flight with absolutely no distancing what's the difference if they board as normal? You may even have more space from the person next to you with the normal boarding procedure than you'll have on the plane.
joshua362 and screeton like this.
Old Mar 17, 21, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by screeton View Post

we don't require booze we prefer them

Search this Thread
Search Engine: