Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hawaii Covid Testing - City Health partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaii Covid Testing - City Health partnership

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 11:40 am
Original Member
Original Poster

The link that I posted is for Southwest & City Health's partnership for return of Covid testing in 48 hrs for Southwest Travelers to Hawaii. (need results within 72hrs for travel to Hawaii). If you clicked on the non-Southwest link, results would return at City Health's testing rates, not the agreed upon Southwest partnership timelines. I was never asked if I was traveling on Southwest either.

Last edited by sggolf; May 20, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Old May 20, 2021, 1:16 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Troopers
The link/website states for confirmed travelers on SWA only. Do they verify this?
They never asked me when I signed up and tested in February.
Old May 20, 2021, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
The link that I posted is for Southwest & City Health's partnership for return of Covid testing in 48 hrs for Southwest Travelers to Hawaii. (need results within 72hrs for travel to Hawaii). If you clicked on the non-Southwest link, results would return at City Health's testing rates, not the agreed upon Southwest partnership timelines. I was never asked if I was traveling on Southwest either.
Seems like the pricing and timeframes are not limited to the Southwest partnership. I'm able to book the rapid test (results in 6 hrs) for $20 if I select the Oakland (north field) location. I'm not seeing a difference if booking through a Southwest or non-Southwest link. Only the Oakland (north field), Oakland (in-terminal) and Long Beach locations have the rapid 6 hr turnaround.

The timeline is location/test dependent, not Southwest partnership dependent link. And the price is $20.

Last edited by Troopers; May 20, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Old May 21, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Has anyone had experience with San Jose testing? If so what was the turn around time?
Old May 25, 2021, 11:04 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary Louise
Has anyone had experience with San Jose testing? If so what was the turn around time?
For 3 tests done, results came back in 12-13 hours. The lab that City Health used was in Hayward. In the past, we paid $119 for the Vault tests and this involved timing for overnight of test to us and test sent to lab on the East Coast vs. $20 cost for City Health. Vault now keeps a stash of tests in the South Bay and has door dash deliver them saving them the overnight fee to ship to us.

Looks like the Oakland City Health returns results even quicker.

Last edited by sggolf; May 27, 2021 at 10:30 am
Old May 25, 2021, 3:42 pm

Thank you
Old May 27, 2021, 3:47 am

Looks as if Hawaii will be allowing fully vaccinated travellers to avoid testing. Not sure about the exact date but perhaps around July 4th.
​​​​​​

​​​
Old May 27, 2021, 4:01 am

Unfortunately I will be traveling in June. I was hoping the Governor would relax the testing for fully vaccinated visitors.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Mary Louise
Unfortunately I will be traveling in June. I was hoping the Governor would relax the testing for fully vaccinated visitors.
As did I. We were supposed to go in November and could not get the COVID tests so rather than quarantine in our unit we made the wise decision to postpone our trip. I read too many stories of disappointed people not getting the proper test. My theory is that we had our own house plus small quaint city with a village o walk around vs. a small timeshare unit and we could not swim
One has to be flexible. We are going to Kauai and am very happy with the way it turned out.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:19 am

For those that used Cityhealth, what did your testing result form look like? Ours says nothing about Hawaii and does not look like the Safe Travels form posted on their website. It is just a pretty basic results PDF from a lab called Predecine and says nothing about City Health. Wondering if they sent us the wrong form.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by slariz
For those that used Cityhealth, what did your testing result form look like? Ours says nothing about Hawaii and does not look like the Safe Travels form posted on their website. It is just a pretty basic results PDF from a lab called Predecine and says nothing about City Health. Wondering if they sent us the wrong form.
Did you pay the $20 documentation fee? And which testing site did you go to?

I went to the Oakland (north field) site and results came back from Health Gorilla San Bruno Kenetics. A friend went to the Dublin site and results came back from a different lab, don't know which one. The results did look similar to the Safe Travels form on the website.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:14 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Yes, it costs $20 for the Hawaii report and it does mention City Health and Hawaii Safe Travels Program. It has the State of Hawaii seal, City Health logo and mentions they are a trusted testing partner along with results.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:55 am

Yes, it costs $20 for the Hawaii report and it does mention City Health and Hawaii Safe Travels Program. It has the State of Hawaii seal, City Health logo and mentions they are a trusted testing partner along with results.
Was this recently? Yes, paid the $20 and went to the downtown SF location. No Hawaii seal anywhere and does not look like the sample online. I uploaded the test results they gave me even though it didn’t say Hawaii and didn’t say Cityhealth and the automatic system on the Safetravels website seems to have approved it as it now says “Covid Negative” next to each result.

Maybe it’s still worth a call to Cityhealth to see what’s going on.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:02 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

It was from April but they could have changed the format of the report since then.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:54 pm

It was from April but they could have changed the format of the report since then.
Thanks so much! Mine didn’t look like that so I called and they sent over the correct form. I already submitted the other one, but this seems more official now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.