Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New promotional companion pass offer March 1st - June 30th (with a catch)

New promotional companion pass offer March 1st - June 30th (with a catch)

Old Jan 19, 21, 4:13 am
Original Poster

New 2021 promotional companion pass offer: Fly two RTs by 2/28, get CP 3/1 - 6/30

The terms of this are a vague, because it says you have to book two flights through "your company's travel program" but it doesn't say what qualifies as a corporate travel program. SWAVictor , can you clarify? Here are the terms.

Fly your way to a promotional Companion Pass® with this exclusive offer, and you’ll be able to bring somebody for free* every time you fly during 3/1–6/30/2021.

How it works:
• Register for this promotion.
• Through your company’s travel program, book two qualifying round trip Southwest® flights for dates within January 18 to February 28, 2021.
• After you fly those trips, your Companion can fly free* with you every time you fly from March 1 to June 30, 2021**.

Registered
*Does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way. Limited time. Restrictions apply.
**Companion’s flight cannot be booked until 3/1/2021.

Terms and Conditions
Register for this promotion, then book and fly two qualifying round trip Southwest® flights from January 18 to 5pm CST on February 28, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”) to earn a Promotional Companion Pass* valid for use between March 1 to June 30, 2021.

To register for this promotion, you will need to provide your Southwest Rapid Rewards® account number at the time of registration. If you do not have a Rapid Rewards account number, you may register for an account by going online to Southwest.com/rapidrewards to become a Member. Rapid Rewards accounts are free.

Registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel. Valid on new qualifying revenue flights booked during the Promotion Period for travel during the Promotion Period and flown within the Promotion Period. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flights to earn a Promotional Companion Pass valid for use between March 1 and June 30, 2021.

A qualifying flight is a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines® from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Travel booked or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the Promotional Companion Pass offer. Charter flights, group travel, Southwest Vacation® Packages and reservations made using Rapid Rewards points do not qualify for this promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.

The Promotional Companion Pass is valid from March 1 to June 30, 2021 and allows you to designate one person to fly with you, free of airline charges (does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way). The designee to fly with you, free of airline charges (does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way), may not be designated until March 1, 2021.

No points or tier or Companion Pass qualifying points will be awarded for flights taken by the Companion when flying on a Promotional Companion Pass or Companion Pass reservation. You may change your designated Companion up to three times while you have Promotional Companion Pass. If you earn Companion Pass in 2021 by earning 125,000 Companion Pass qualifying points or flying 100 qualifying flights, any changes to your designated Companion during the time you have Promotional Companion Pass will reduce the number of changes you can make to your designated Companion in the 2021 calendar year. For example, if you earn a Promotional Companion Pass through this promotion, change your designated Companion twice during the validity period for Promotional Companion Pass, and later in 2021 earn Companion Pass, you would only be able to change your designated Companion one more time in 2021. Companion Pass is not transferable.
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by m907; Jan 19, 21 at 11:43 pm
Old Jan 19, 21, 9:19 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
The terms of this are a vague, because it says you have to book two flights through "your company's travel program" but it doesn't say what qualifies as a corporate travel program. SWAVictor , can you clarify? Here are the terms.
I have reached out and verified that once registered, booking travel through any channels will qualify.
Old Jan 19, 21, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Platinum Pro; UA Gold MM; DL Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SWAVictor View Post
I have reached out and verified that once registered, booking travel through any channels will qualify.
Thanks. Is this promotion targeted to only certain customers SWAVictor , or is it open to all? Asking because I don't see it on my promotions page at southwest.com, but I definitely fly WN for both business and leisure trips.

If it's open to all, can you share a registration link?

Edited to add: I now see the promotion in my RR account and was able to register.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Jan 19, 21 at 11:04 am
Old Jan 19, 21, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC(G); Hyatt G, HH(G via AX Plt); SPG/MAR(T); Hz(PC); was [UA2P, WN A-, FL A+Elite, BD G]
This promotion was available to me in my account; I went ahead and signed up even though it's unlikely that I will complete the terms of the offer.

For anyone who wants to do this, be sure to book flights as round trips as the terms clearly specify this. 4 one-way tickets may end up qualifying, but only if Southwest decides to be less strict than the way the terms are written.
Old Jan 19, 21, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer View Post
Thanks. Is this promotion targeted to only certain customers SWAVictor , or is it open to all? Asking because I don't see it on my promotions page at southwest.com, but I definitely fly WN for both business and leisure trips.

If it's open to all, can you share a registration link?
From my understanding, the email was targeted, but the offer should be available in MyAccount for anyone to register.
SAT Lawyer and Air Houston like this.
Old Jan 19, 21, 12:18 pm

Wife got the 1/6 thru FEB offer, and now I see the March-June offer in her promotions; registered
Old Jan 19, 21, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SWAVictor View Post
From my understanding, the email was targeted, but the offer should be available in MyAccount for anyone to register.
"My promotions
Some promotions may not be displayed.
We're sorry, we are unable to show you all available promotions at this time. Please refresh the page or try again later."

I have the 2 month CP, not this promo at present.But thanks for your note.
Old Jan 19, 21, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
"My promotions
Some promotions may not be displayed.
We're sorry, we are unable to show you all available promotions at this time. Please refresh the page or try again later."

I have the 2 month CP, not this promo at present.But thanks for your note.
Hopefully that was a momentary glitch and it will show up later or upon refresh of the page.

If not, and you want to enroll, I believe you can call in and they can assist you.
Old Jan 19, 21, 5:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Showed up for me but I already have CP through tend of year, would I get a second companion?
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 21, 10:00 pm

I currently have a limited-time CP expiring 2/28 from a similar promo last fall. If I book a revenue roundtrip, and add my companion, does it still count as qualification toward the March CP?
Old Jan 20, 21, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
For some reason, I could not register on the computer, but could through my phone.

What puzzles me is this term: “Through your company’s travel program...”

If anyone can sign up why is that there? Makes no sense.

My wife’s employer said I may use their SWABIZ, but still.
Old Jan 20, 21, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by rthib View Post
Showed up for me but I already have CP through tend of year, would I get a second companion?
From the RR T&C's:

The Member is limited to one Companion at any time.

( https://www.southwest.com/faq/rapid-...and-conditions )
Old Jan 20, 21, 3:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Silver
Seems like there is no issue obtaining this promotional CP even if you did the 1/6-2/28, is that correct?
Old Jan 20, 21, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by wakesetter93 View Post
Seems like there is no issue obtaining this promotional CP even if you did the 1/6-2/28, is that correct?
Wife got both offers. They don't overlap, in fact they butt right up against each other; seems like the plan is to intentionally make both available to folks
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 21, 4:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
Wife got both offers. They don't overlap, in fact they butt right up against each other; seems like the plan is to intentionally make both available to folks
Seems like it, checked my account and was able to register. Now just need to book the qualifying flights.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: