Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Dead: $62 from LGB, $68 from LAX, $82 from OAK/SJC] Wow $73 to Hawaii

Old Dec 20, 2020, 5:10 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

OAK or SJC to HNL or OGG. KOA and ITO are higher.

I don't think fares have been this low since the initial opening sale.
kennycrudup and ryw like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:07 pm

Great deal.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 1:16 pm

I'm able to price it at $73 or $77 between LAX and HNL/OGG (via OAK) for a lot of dates as well, Jan through the first half of May.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:47 pm

Just be aware we had some friends trips cancelled and refunded on Southwest out of no where.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I paid $400 for SFO-HNL in AS F for what it is worth.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I paid $400 for SFO-HNL in AS F for what it is worth.
I got one of those too, but $160 with companion pass is tough to pass up. Came out to around $85-90 per person round trip.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by olouie
I got one of those too, but $160 with companion pass is tough to pass up. Came out to around $85-90 per person round trip.
I have a CP, too. Love the AS F product TBH---but like how WN wifi works over water.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I have a CP, too. Love the AS F product TBH---but like how WN wifi works over water.
The WiFi didn’t work very well on our Hawaii flights in November and December. Always worked well in the past.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 3:34 pm

When I look at prices from my home airport to any Hawaii airport on the low fare calendar, it just says unavailable. It's the same for several other airports around the country. Does anyone know why? Does it mean I would have to book separate tickets to SJC or OAK and then book to Hawaii?
Old Dec 27, 2020, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by m907
When I look at prices from my home airport to any Hawaii airport on the low fare calendar, it just says unavailable. It's the same for several other airports around the country. Does anyone know why? Does it mean I would have to book separate tickets to SJC or OAK and then book to Hawaii?
I've seen a few threads which address this question, but, for the life of me, I can't find the one I remember, which gave a definitive answer. That said, one thread which somewhat addresses your question is here: Hawaii from east coast.

I think it has to do with WN not booking layovers over a certain number of hours, or overnights - but I could well be mistaken.

I'd see no problems with booking it as two itins, as long as you're prepared to deal with it if one of them "goes bad".
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 3:49 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Presguy
I've seen a few threads which address this question, but, for the life of me, I can't find the one I remember, which gave a definitive answer. That said, one thread which somewhat addresses your question is here: Hawaii from east coast.

I think it has to do with WN not booking layovers over a certain number of hours, or overnights - but I could well be mistaken.

I'd see no problems with booking it as two itins, as long as you're prepared to deal with it if one of them "goes bad".
Overnight connections are typically the problem. They have to be booked separately. If I recall correctly, Southwest's IT system is no longer incompatible with redeye flights. This would be a good time to add them for long-haul markets.
Presguy and m907 like this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 1:23 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Today the super cheap fares to Hawaii returned. LGB is very low and being a new service the planes may be empty too. $68 from LAX even for 10 days from now.

If only the rental cars and hotels were back at their December prices too.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 8:02 pm

In addition to the return nsx mentioned, I was also able to find SEA>HNL for $100 each way on a number of dates in the coming months.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:35 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Expect these fares to die within 2 hours. The Change Reservation pages are giving erroneously high prices as if they don't know about the sale. I've seen that several times near the end of a sale. It forces you to make a new booking and cancel the old one.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:46 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just noticed today that OAK-Hawaii fares are as low as I have seen in months. Other California - Hawaii fares are significantly higher. Could this be a match to a competitor's narrowly focused sale?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.