Pilots announcements/greetings

Old Nov 20, 20, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Pilots announcements/greetings

Flew out of BOS to BWI yesterday first leg pilot made several announcements gave BWI weather and landing times and thanked us before landing. Next leg nothing you knew this might happen as several planes awaiting takeoff no announcement of our position and did a ding before takeoff and FAís made the cleared to takeoff call. No destination weather or arrival info nothing from the cockpit at all. I have flown a few hundred flights the past 40 years this is unusual. Are pilots given any procedures about what announcement to make to passengers or is it there call.
Old Nov 20, 20, 10:19 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
1. No
2. Yes
Old Nov 21, 20, 6:16 am

Some punctuation would be helpful...
Old Nov 22, 20, 5:44 pm
was cslovacek

Originally Posted by m907 View Post
Some punctuation would be helpful...
I agree. Itís Impossible to follow what poster is saying.

Why is it that people donít give a damn anymore about the way they write and talk? Folks have no pride in being able to form a sentence anymore. Itís truly mortifying.

Take two minutes to proofread what your write!
Old Nov 22, 20, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer View Post
Flew out of BOS to BWI yesterday first leg pilot made several announcements gave BWI weather and landing times and thanked us before landing. Next leg nothing you knew this might happen as several planes awaiting takeoff no announcement of our position and did a ding before takeoff and FAís made the cleared to takeoff call. No destination weather or arrival info nothing from the cockpit at all. I have flown a few hundred flights the past 40 years this is unusual. Are pilots given any procedures about what announcement to make to passengers or is it there call.
Your pilot only had one leg?
screeton likes this.
Old Nov 22, 20, 7:16 pm

Programs: Non-Rev, SkyMiles, Global Entry
I think I got what you're asking, it's entirely up to the pilot on what to say and if they even speak to passengers. The only requirement is communication with the flight crew and passengers in cases of emergencies or other irregularities.
Old Nov 22, 20, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by geo979 View Post
Your pilot only had one leg?
No, has two, but his legs can talk
Old Nov 28, 20, 10:27 pm

Actually, it's
1. Yes
2. Yes

SWA pilots are given general procedures and examples for passenger announcements but have significant leeway in when/how/if they are presented.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 20, 12:53 am

Programs: FB Gold, BA Blue; BW Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by FriscoHeavy View Post
I agree. Itís Impossible to follow what poster is saying.

Why is it that people donít give a damn anymore about the way they write and talk? Folks have no pride in being able to form a sentence anymore. Itís truly mortifying.

Take two minutes to proofread what your write!
Some past posters have indicated that English is their second language, hence they post poor grammar or spelling. I think most people just look past poor grammar since this is an international forum. However, writing skills in general are on the decline.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: